Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 150849 times)

The controllers are like if you split a regular console controller in half, that and considering how much smaller they are and how fewer buttons they have, they should halve the price tag and save the $50 price tag for the pro controllers and such since those are whole controllers

Considering you can buy the left and right controllers separately, and how much less they have compared to a real console controller, you shouldn't have to pay more for less, even if the controllers are $10 cheaper than most controllers, for what you're getting, if you only get one or the other, $50, to me at least, is a bit much
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:46:10 AM by Masterlegodude »

The price is that much is because off all the high tech wooshy-wooshy stuff they put into there.
I'm guessing the Pro controllers are going to be the actual things used by the other games, and aren't going to cost one third of the friggn console price.

>high tech wooshy wooshy

It's a loving controller. And knowing Nintendo if they make Pro controllers for the Switch they will be the same price

Try playing Skyrim on just one of these
It's a good thing the console comes with them so you can play a single player game with the two that are included.

The price is that much is because off all the high tech wooshy-wooshy stuff they put into there.
I'm guessing the Pro controllers are going to be the actual things used by the other games, and aren't going to cost one third of the friggn console price.
This. Plus the console comes with 2 anyway. If you don't want to spend that much, then stick to the ones you have or get the pro controller. They have a valid reason for the controllers to cost as much as they do, due to the ammount of features crammed into each controller, and made sure the features are executed with quality too. Don't like it? Don't buy it or wait for the price to lower. You're pretty much just yelling at clouds right now. If the controllers had less features than a snes controller, then you would make sense.

And thus we enter another generation of handicaps defending everything Nintendo does regardless of if it's scummy or not.

https://m.mic.com/articles/165182/nintendo-switch-pro-controller-price-and-details-announced#.2d2fFE78U

Disregard what I said, $70 isnt better.
Even if the pro controller is packed with features most of the people who buy it use it to get away from gimmicky controls, and this does not help it at all.

Having to pay for online, the console, a boatload for additional controllers, and possibly accessories pretty much gets the price of a pc that can run games made today.

But if portable gaming is your thing then I'd probably wait for a sale, for home use this is very expensive.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:03:04 AM by Emgiell »

And thus we enter another generation of handicaps defending everything Nintendo does regardless of if it's scummy or not.
I'm not defending it. I agree the price is hefty but due to what they included inside each one makes it justified. Also calling people with differing opinions "handicaps" does not accomplish anything other than make you seem very immature.

O N E  T H I R D  O F  T H E  C O N S O L E

Also pro controller is 70 bucks? Get forgeted. No excuses for that stuff.

Again if you don't like it, don't buy it. Just yelling at clouds and spamming a thread with pagestretching images wont do anything, but reducing their profit will.

Again if you don't like it, don't buy it. Just yelling at clouds and spamming a thread with pagestretching images wont do anything, but reducing their profit will.

I'm not defending it. I agree the price is hefty but due to what they included inside each one makes it justified. Also calling people with differing opinions "handicaps" does not accomplish anything other than make you seem very immature.
Read

Again: how is a 70$ pro controller justified?
They have a valid reason for the controllers to cost as much as they do, due to the ammount of features crammed into each controller, and made sure the features are executed with quality too. Plus Nintendo is known for their products to be durable as hell, that costs a lot of money to research and develop to accomplish that.
Gee, reading goes a long way, huh? Plus I wasn't even talking about a pro controller's price at any point, I was talking about the JoyCon's.

A 360$ Zelda game. It looks good, but not that good.

But god damn, that Mario game looks loving incredible! Too bad we have to wait nearly another year for it.
What a bait and switch. kill me

You didn't answer the part where the controllers are included. You do not need to buy an extra one for Skyrim. The only game that was even shown that seemed to require a second set is that punching game, and that's assuming you have a friend that'll come over and play it with you and not have their own controllers to bring.