Unpopular Opinions v5

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions v5  (Read 28491 times)

Until we actually get to a point where 99% of people executed are innocent the benifits outweigh the risks. Your car's engine could catch on fire and blow up but that doesn't mean Chevy should be disbanded
Eh, I think the death penalty should be reserved for indisputable direct evidence only/Confession with obvious Satisfaction.

maybe one day you'll be executed for something you didn't do, and then when you're looking down from heaven you'll rethink your position

Jokes on you I want to kill myself

also it's genuinely insane that you think 99% have to be innocent for it to not be worth it. yeah if just half of them are innocent then who cares. 90%? forget it, just kill em

Do you have any actual numbers to base your argument on or are you just going off a hypothetical

Eh, I think the death penalty should be reserved for indisputable direct evidence only/Confession with obvious Satisfaction.

I mean sure you'd have to have a lot of evidence to say someone should get the chair

Do you have any actual numbers to base your argument on or are you just going off a hypothetical
http://www.newsweek.com/one-25-executed-us-innocent-study-claims-248889

but anyway it doesn't matter what numbers I have because you said anything less than 99% innocence justifies murdering all of them which is literally insane

http://www.newsweek.com/one-25-executed-us-innocent-study-claims-248889

1:25 is the number your source gave. According to this 12 people have been executed this year so far, while the highest was 1999 with 98 guys, giving the highest year of execution basically 4 guys. Because reality doesn't actually work this way there could be more or less innocent people killed. Since like 2010 executions across the board have been going down. But hey, everyone ever executed could be innocent!

but anyway it doesn't matter what numbers I have because you said anything less than 99% innocence justifies murdering all of them which is literally insane

I don't actually believe that you loving handicap it's called a hyperbole

So you're okay with innocent people being executed?

The death penalty as it stands in entirety is really more trouble than it's worth.

So you're okay with innocent people being executed?

If there was ever a template for a gotcha question this would be it

well it's literally what you're saying. those four hypothetical innocent people in 1999, you're saying you're okay with the idea of those four innocent people being killed. killing the guilty ones, which again provides absolutely no benefit, in your eyes justifies the deaths of four innocent people

well it's literally what you're saying.

Is it literally what he's saying? I never caught him explicitly saying that he's okay with innocent people being executed.

Your defense is that the numbers aren't high enough.  You're pretty much saying that you're okay with innocent people being executed as long as it's not too many.

Is it literally what he's saying? I never caught him explicitly saying that he's okay with innocent people being executed.
the definition fallacy

well it's literally what you're saying.

It's literally not. I don't think innocent people should be killed but by the way you phrased it it looked like it was some grand epidemic. Innocent people who didn't do anything shouldn't die but evil people should

the definition fallacy

there's a fallacy for a fallacy for a fallacy for that

It's literally not. I don't think innocent people should be killed but by the way you phrased it it looked like it was some grand epidemic. Innocent people who didn't do anything shouldn't die but evil people should
but you're saying it's worth it, and completely acceptable, that those innocent people die, as long as the guilty ones do too

Innocent people who didn't do anything shouldn't die but evil people should

"Evil people"?

but you're saying it's worth it, and completely acceptable, that those innocent people die, as long as the guilty ones do too

Did you black out after the first part of my post

"Evil people"?

Like murderers and rapists. Not that hard dude