Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232299 times)

A soundtrack concept would be really cool.

This thread is so wholesome and passionate, I love it
Constructive criticism and good vibes all around are good 4 getting work done

On Pompmaker's concept, I honestly dislike the visible rounds on the joints. I feel like having the character model look blatantly like a toy kind of reduces the diversity of options for what you can do with the game, since with how Blockland's player model is you can portray it as "blockheads are toys" or "blockheads are people" easily, while making the model look like an action figure kind of limits it to the characters being action figures.

Sorry if this is a little hard to follow.

On Pompmaker's concept, I honestly dislike the visible rounds on the joints. I feel like having the character model look blatantly like a toy kind of reduces the diversity of options for what you can do with the game, since with how Blockland's player model is you can portray it as "blockheads are toys" or "blockheads are people" easily, while making the model look like an action figure kind of limits it to the characters being action figures.

I agree, Pomp can you try hiding the rounds to see how it looks like?

A soundtrack concept would be really cool.
an unofficial one ;-)

chibi version with connected feet
there's no bevelling, that's just how the render came out

Download .blend

The head / neck, hands, and feet could use some tweaking. They look like after thoughts in comparison to the well developed torso, arms, and legs. Those aspects are very strong, while the hands are underdeveloped, the feet feel slightly too long, and the overall shape  of the head / neck is a little awkward. Just a critique based on my own subjective thoughts.

i care less about graphics and more about unique content, performance, and multiplayer support.

right I've taken your suggestions into account

The head / neck, hands, and feet could use some tweaking. They look like after thoughts in comparison to the well developed torso, arms, and legs. Those aspects are very strong, while the hands are underdeveloped, the feet feel slightly too long, and the overall shape  of the head / neck is a little awkward. Just a critique based on my own subjective thoughts.
If pomp's model had a piece between the ass joints it'd be good

^ original model tweaked to follow these suggestions

Two different ways of hiding the rounds; having them the same color as the limbs, and removing them altogether.

I think that in the final game you should have the rounds as an optional node like the blockhead's accessories, so players can choose whether or not to have them.

Updated .blend file.

The model without the rounds is now my new favorite model proposal

modelling some brown townogues to the traditional blockhead avatar options

I've run into a problem, and that's how the arms look when they're skin-colored:

does it look alright, and if it doesn't, suggestions?

made the hands flush with the arms so it looks less unsettling

Are you planning to do hands that animate like this?

Or just static hands?