Author Topic: Charlottesville protests thread  (Read 54606 times)

then why the forget is he responding to me besides to either dispute it in a very vague way or add on to it in a very misunderstood way?

To drive the point you keep arguing with home in case anyone else is dumb enough to nod and agree with your posts

To drive the point you keep arguing with home in case anyone else is dumb enough to nod and agree with your posts
well maybe you should crucify him too because he reached the same conclusion everyone else did too

PhantOS historically misses the point twice

whats your point- that i'm reiterating something that everyone already understands and acknowledges?

You're white-passing and that's a privilege.

You may not feel threatened by white supremacist political action, but that doesn't mean no one does.
Holy stuff dude. The point is to not care. You can't feel threatened by these guys just because they wave a flag around and spout stuff.

The starfish that drove a car through people took it too far, yeah. But that doesn't mean ALL of those people carrying those same flags would've done the same.

Same context as using the word monday to dilute it's meaning over time. Just ignore and accept and it will go away. Like the monster under your bed when you were a child. If left because you didn't acknowledge it, and with that it had nothing to prey off of.

Also that's not white passing. The round nose, thick lips, black frizzy hair. Any person can tell that i'm mixed. I don't "pass" for anything.

You're white-passing and that's a privilege.

You may not feel threatened by white supremacist political action, but that doesn't mean no one does.

except noone who wasn't dropped on their head likes white supremacists. they're just the new boogeymen to spark fears

whats your point- that i'm reiterating something that everyone already understands and acknowledges?

It's possible!

It's possible!
have you ever considered the fact that this is an open loving discussion between people trying to convey points to others who don't understand it? i'm terribly sorry that you in your infinite stuffhead wisdom understand everything i'm trying to say and more and from now on i'll make a conscious effort to never offend you again
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:54:15 AM by PhantOS »

Holy stuff dude. The point is to not care. You can't feel threatened by these guys just because they wave a flag around and spout stuff.

The starfish that drove a car through people took it too far, yeah. But that doesn't mean ALL of those people carrying those same flags would've done the same.

Same context as using the word monday to dilute it's meaning over time. Just ignore and accept and it will go away. Like the monster under your bed when you were a child. If left because you didn't acknowledge it, and with that it had nothing to prey off of.

he also owned slaves, which no amount of 'amends' can fix unless he like, personally gave each of those slaves like a grant of millions of dollars as an apology or some stuff

badspot once summarized this phenomenon pretty well, i can't seem to find it. basically he said that doing unrelated good things doesn't balance out the bad things you did before. if you go on a hacking spree and then try to justify your character or glorify yourself because you were nice to a couple people and contributed an add-on, you don't necessarily deserve the respect.

hopefully you understand where im coming from when i express this- there's no such thing as redemption. doing good for other people is a standard, a given, and it doesn't at all excuse or balance out all the stuffty stuff you did

That's a rather morbid and bleak viewpoint. No one ever performs at a 100%, 100% of the time. People will have good times and people will have bad times. Expecting someone to have a stellar standard of being good and never causing ill to others intentionally or unintentionally is incredibly unrealistic. Sure, once you take a life, perhaps there is that threshold where ""redemption"" is unfeasible. What can replace a life? What justice would you have? Take their life? Would you waste another life for the sake of vengeance, or allow them to make the effort to make things better, in whatever means that may be in service? As far as we know, Lee worked to better America in appreciable ways until his death by stroke. Listen, I'm not trying to say the people protesting are right, I don't support those people. Frankly there is it's own irony that they blindly defend a man historically shown to support equal rights, despite his more well known past. The whole situation in Charlottesville is disgusting. But everyone is getting riled up at a piece of artwork done in the early 1900's of a man who supported his community. The protesters are free to protest, in a civilized manner. But obviously that hasn't happened.

God all of you are lucky I'm high enough to stand talking about this stuff

God all of you are lucky I'm high enough to stand talking about this stuff

uh

i'm terribly sorry that you in your infinite stuffhead wisdom understand everything i'm trying to say and more and from now on i'll make a conscious effort to never offend you again

Say whatever you want, but I'm not half-reiterating an argument and then disagreeing with it anyways :y