banned for clickpushing

Author Topic: banned for clickpushing  (Read 25520 times)

Also makes me wonder why you fail to explain why something sucks, yet you demand explanations from others as to how things are justified or sensible.

I've had plenty of experiences with you on this part; as you fail to tell me that something I've done sucks or is flawed in some way, you fail to explain how it is flawed or what makes it suck.
   for brevity i shall only relate the ways in which the gamemode's failings led to this drama. for the unaware, despair syndrome works in three distinct phases: the murder phase, investigation phase, and trial phase. the investigation phase takes place when a body killed by someone chosen as murderer in the murderer phase is discovered by someone else. this ceases all possible violent activity and allows the nonmurderer majority to gather around and investigate possible murderers before they decide who they believe is guilty. problems emerge as the amount of evidence findable dries up at around the first ten seconds and the mode lasts for 7 minutes. all evidence, largely consistent of blood on clothing and weapons and blood trails, is immediately visible and nonambiguous. there is no evidence finding beyond this.

not actually being near the body the moment it is found discludes participation in the brief moments of investigation that do take place. frequently, late detectives deal with things like the body being moved, blood being washed, perps with blood on them running away or showering, ect, so actually learning anything from this mess is impossible. additionally, conveying the information found at the crime scene is wholly unnecessary during this phase. the trial phase, which happens automatically after the investigation phase, gives another entire 7 minutes to relay what happened to a unified and listening audience. in the investigative phase, all of the players are scattered around the map, walking aimlessly or afking. trying to tell anyone anything is a simple waste of time because reaching a large audience is impossible. there is no place to go and nothing to do in this entire seven minutes of desolate time wasting.

the majority of players afk or walk around aimlessly because they have absolutely nothing to do. there are no contributions a player can make to their team after the first few seconds have passed of the phase pass. players are not required to be anywhere or do anything. changing their positions by clicking on them has no gameplay impact at all. it was about three minutes into the investigative phase when i was warned and banned for clickpushing, an action that might as well figuratively not exist for how much impact it has in this scenario. the clickpush isn't even that powerful considering it is on a delay. it is the equivalent of banning jumping, another nonessential action that has almost zero impact on the game.

lol, why is it that you always seem to stir up some stuff because you don't get your way? Now you're writing full blown 3 point paragraphs to try to prove something. get over yourself dude.

for brevity i shall only relate the ways in which the gamemode's failings led to this drama. for the unaware, despair syndrome works in three distinct phases: the murder phase, investigation phase, and trial phase. the investigation phase takes place when a body killed by someone chosen as murderer in the murderer phase is discovered by someone else. this ceases all possible violent activity and allows the nonmurderer majority to gather around and investigate possible murderers before they decide who they believe is guilty. problems emerge as the amount of evidence findable dries up at around the first ten seconds and the mode lasts for 7 minutes. all evidence, largely consistent of blood on clothing and weapons and blood trails, is immediately visible and nonambiguous. there is no evidence finding beyond this.

not actually being near the body the moment it is found discludes participation in the brief moments of investigation that do take place. frequently, late detectives deal with things like the body being moved, blood being washed, perps with blood on them running away or showering, ect, so actually learning anything from this mess is impossible. additionally, conveying the information found at the crime scene is wholly unnecessary during this phase. the trial phase, which happens automatically after the investigation phase, gives another entire 7 minutes to relay what happened to a unified and listening audience. in the investigative phase, all of the players are scattered around the map, walking aimlessly or afking. trying to tell anyone anything is a simple waste of time because reaching a large audience is impossible. there is no place to go and nothing to do in this entire seven minutes of desolate time wasting.

the majority of players afk or walk around aimlessly because they have absolutely nothing to do. there are no contributions a player can make to their team after the first few seconds have passed of the phase pass. players are not required to be anywhere or do anything. changing their positions by clicking on them has no gameplay impact at all. it was about three minutes into the investigative phase when i was warned and banned for clickpushing, an action that might as well figuratively not exist for how much impact it has in this scenario. the clickpush isn't even that powerful considering it is on a delay. it is the equivalent of banning jumping, another nonessential action that has almost zero impact on the game.
So from reading this, I can gather that you have the mindset of, “there’s nothing to do, may as well break the rules!”  Like dude I can understand the boredom in not being able to do anything and the annoyance  of being unable to communicate important information to the vast majority of players who have the attention span of a kid with ADHD.  But I can’t understand why you would choose to break a rule continuously after getting warned to stop, even if it had no major impact whatsoever.

lol, why is it that you always seem to stir up some stuff because you don't get your way? Now you're writing full blown 3 point paragraphs to try to prove something. get over yourself dude.
if you want to air substantiated grievances now is the time, please feel free

So from reading this, I can gather that you have the mindset of, “there’s nothing to do, may as well break the rules!”  Like dude I can understand the boredom in not being able to do anything and the annoyance  of being unable to communicate important information to the vast majority of players who have the attention span of a kid with ADHD.  But I can’t understand why you would choose to break a rule continuously after getting warned to stop, even if it had no major impact whatsoever.
why is it a rule if it has no impact

there is no place to go and nothing to do in this entire seven minutes of desolate time wasting.

So what is annoying other players, who may actually be trying to collect evidence, going to contribute? Why is also not listening to staff when they tell you to stop doing something so hard? You're so full of yourself.

you're wrong, sorry op

while the rule in itself may be petty, it certainly doesn't dismiss it at all, that side of the argument is handicapped and anybody using it should feel handicapped

you were warned twice and then still did it and got banned again, too bad, you were banned fairly and just: the end

anything more you want to add is just extra stuff you should complain to the gamemode creator or something and not related to the main topic at hand

if you want to air substantiated grievances now is the time, please feel free
just behave for once. if you go to someone's party and they tell you not to do something, do you continue to do it? no you don't. Just because it's an option doesn't mean it's okay. Listen to the hosts of the party or forget off.

i could understand if you was pushing people off ledges, but banning people for using a function in the absolute least consequential way possible is pants-on-head handicapped.  it's like me banning him from stikfas' medievals for gimping himself by crouching with noyer's swords.  regardless of whether he disobeyed me, it's insane for me to even consider the idea that i need to enforce it.

christ, noyer, what the forget is your staff even

i could understand if you was pushing people off ledges, but banning people for using a function in the absolute least consequential way possible is pants-on-head handicapped.  it's like me banning him from stikfas' medievals for gimping himself by crouching with noyer's swords.  regardless of whether he disobeyed me, it's insane for me to even consider the idea that i need to enforce it.

christ, noyer, what the forget is your staff even
Abusing a system to richard around in something thats meant to be serious isn’t handicapped, especially when its against the rules to do so and is enforced by the staff because they actually do their job.

i could understand if you was pushing people off ledges, but banning people for using a function in the absolute least consequential way possible is pants-on-head handicapped
a petty rulebreak is still a rulebreak

if it stacks up eventually it gets annoying, and if you already let the person know not to do it, and they still do it, they obviously understand what they're doing is wrong but only continue to do so knowingly that consequences are likely to emerge

nothing is handicapped about that except backing up someone who is doing it

I personally don't think it's a petty rule, you shouldn't push people for no reason.

im not supporting what the op is thinking but the fact that y'all decided to perma him for richarding around in a "non-serious gamemode" is pretty stuffty
anyways i don't play the server but wtf would the clickpush be used for apart from pushing players

Abusing a system to richard around in something thats meant to be serious isn’t handicapped, especially when its against the rules to do so and is enforced by the staff because they actually do their job.

it's pretty handicapped considering you're punishing people who won't act like your videogame isn't a videogame.  if you don't want people like you pushing your players around, don't let him do it in the first place.  no amount of hiding behind "but he didn't listen" changes the fact that your rule makes absolutely no sense and shouldn't even need to be enforced.

a petty rulebreak is still a rulebreak
sure but i'm not going to waste my time enforcing a petty rule

drydess don't overlook the last part. Clicking people is literally self explanatory, the issue is you should only do it if people are actually blocking your way.