Author Topic: banned for clickpushing  (Read 25475 times)

Imagine being this upset over someone clicking other people too much.
Actually the OP and people defending him sound upset because he was banned for breaking a rule and being banned after multiple warnings. You're deflecting.

So as long as its abusable it's the authorities fault for not making it impossible to abuse?

It wouldn't be a problem if they disabled click-push.

or we could just keep the mechanic and have people use it for its intended purpose rather than using it to be an annoyance

You may as well say committing crimes is ok because it's impossible to stop people from committing a crime.
I never said it was okay. You're strawmanning my entire argument.

Since you want to go down the crime route of terrible comparisons, here's the more accurate version. It's like if the government developed an unlimited supply of morphine and sold it in stores everywhere on the intention that it's supposed to be used to help alleviate pain. Suddenly there's a wave of morphine-related deaths, people begin to overuse it. What does the government do? Here's your list of options:

a) take morphine off the market entirely, preventing anyone from ever overusing it again

b) make overusing morphine illegal, dishing out billions of dollars to arrest anyone who does so

The majority of people in this thread are choosing option B, either because they're loving handicapped and think that implementing an easily abusable mechanic into their game is perfectly fine, or they are just banding together to witchhunt the OP.

If you want people to design their server horribly and enable people to abuse the mechanics that were clearly designed with abuse in mind, go ahead. DestroyerOfBlocks is wrong for pushing the admins but the admins are ultimately the ones that need to change their mechanics so that they aren't loving abusable.

brown townogies like that complicate what is a really simple issue.

Yes, I'm sure plenty of us agree that the rule should not exist and the game can be structured in such a way that enforcing it is irrelevant. However, OP should not break rules, get banned and complain about it simply because he disagrees with it. There are many more productive ways he could have gone about this. All it shows is that he's a little brat that can't handle dealing with things he doesn't agree with. He should grow up a little.

I think that OP takes 50% of the responsibility for provoking the admins on purpose and the admins take 50% of the responsibility for allowing such an exploitable feature to exist in their game

Erasing the problem is NOT the same as fixing the problem.

*COUGH*

Anybody saying "oh hey click push shouldn't be a thing" is not helping in finding a solution, but instead, just running away from the problem at hand.
Of course if a problem doesn't exist there can't be one. Think a little sharper please.

So yeah, no, that's not a good solution. The best solution would be a way to lower the amount of people doing it (if a lot ARE doing it) in a way that keeps the ability for use.

Anybody saying "oh hey click push shouldn't be a thing" is not helping in finding a solution

Either put a cooldown on it or disable it, trying to police bad design is handicapped

Either put a cooldown on it or disable it, trying to police bad design is handicapped
Well it's policing if there are actually many people abusing it. At that point it's a waste of resources, other than that, it's actually not too bad.

I think that OP takes 50% of the responsibility for provoking the admins on purpose and the admins take 50% of the responsibility for allowing such an exploitable feature to exist in their game
Where did he take responsibility at all?

Erasing the problem is NOT the same as fixing the problem.
This.
Clickpush is supposed to be helpful.
Clickpush is shown in more than blockland, it's shown in Gmod RP servers, multiple gmod characters, some rust servers, TF2 deathrun, and more. It's created for alot of reasons, mainly to stop blockers and the like from ruining a game.
Like any other addon, it's abusable. You can abuse it, but removing it will create another problem entirely. The solution is to remove the person causing the trouble. If the person causing the trouble is useless or trolling, they're probably not gonna be missed or remove a considerable amount of anything if they get banned.

I have not read through the drama, sorry if i'm missing anything.

Well it's policing if there are actually many people abusing it. At that point it's a waste of resources, other than that, it's actually not too bad.

Well here's one historical thread to make a point that some people thinks the ban is unreasonable. If you don't care about that, it's no skin off my back.

If I was the owner of the server I prolly would have given Razer stuff for being too quick on his guns on something wholly inconsequential, especially making a permanent ban. If erroneously click-pushing players is this big of a deal to you, I fear the day somebody decides to do something truly malicious.

If I was the owner of the server I prolly would have given Razer stuff for being too quick on his guns on something wholly inconsequential
I get where you're coming from, but quick on his guns? How many warning is he meant to give?

Well here's one historical thread to make a point that some people thinks the ban is unreasonable. If you don't care about that, it's no skin off my back.

If I was the owner of the server I prolly would have given Razer stuff for being too quick on his guns on something wholly inconsequential, especially making a permanent ban. If erroneously click-pushing players is this big of a deal to you, I fear the day somebody decides to do something truly malicious.
Yeah I can understand that maybe a permanent ban was too harsh.  But to be fair to Razer, he gave out numerous warnings which were blatantly ignored, so removing him permanently seems like a really good option compared to banning him for some amount of time only to deal with his stuff again later.

I get where you're coming from, but quick on his guns? How many warning is he meant to give?

Unless OP was click-pushing people off of ledges maliciously, banning somebody for randomly pushing people is the equivalent of banning somebody for hitting others with a hammer outside of a minigame or spray painting them.

The impression I get here is that Razer was watching over the players and giving OP stuff for walking around and clicking people. I get that OP defied the admin's command but I gotta be honest if an admin told me to stop click pushing people after I pushed a couple dudes around I'd probably think the admin is a loving idiot