New Linux Thread

Author Topic: New Linux Thread  (Read 7567 times)

Vim and Emacs are absolute Garbahge. I use mostly notepad and wordpad mostly because the interface isnt godawful and its easy to use. I dont really care about shortcuts and addons when you can just use the power of Control + X.
weaponised autism

Vim and Emacs are absolute Garbahge. I use mostly notepad and wordpad mostly because the interface isnt godawful and its easy to use. I dont really care about shortcuts and addons when you can just use the power of Control + X.
>two posts promoting windows in a linux thread
yeah ok crit

weaponised autism
ALSO just editing and leaving VIM is easy as stuff
just vim a file
press i and edit
once you're done press esc
and then ":wq" and you're done

critawakets, vim / emacs isnt hard. lmao

1) Alot of games only support windows.

oh my good god stop making this an argument WINE is your best friend if you want to focus on your forgetin' gaming

ed is supreme
https://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed-msg.html

yeah okay when notepad allows you to immediately jump to the end of lines, allows you to mod it to a point where you can manipulate git from the text editor, allows you to have both hands on your keyboard at all times, has syntax highlighting and autocomplete (that isn't stuff), etc, etc, we can talk.

tbf notepad++ has most those features

Vim and Emacs are absolute Garbahge. I use mostly notepad and wordpad mostly
Please tell me this is a joke. At least use Notepad++. Emacs and Vim are so much better in terms of efficiency, as long as you're willing to learn. As someone who started with Notepad and Wordpad, I can't stress this enough. Who gives a stuff which looks better.

>using xterm
Ewwww

https://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed-msg.html
ED IS THE STANDARD!!!

bump
which linux command line tools do you guys find more interesting?