Badspot & Rotondo - Completely incompetent lately

Author Topic: Badspot & Rotondo - Completely incompetent lately  (Read 35711 times)

This, and Col. Burton and eholt
How dare you lump me in with that autist Col. Burton

Consider the type of person who would willingly become a forum moderator.

A system of volunteer moderators results in the people who most want to be moderators becoming moderators.  The people who most want to become moderators are psychopaths.  You can see this process in action in literally every forum to ever exist.
Another problem with volunteering is well, it's volunteering. I've seen on forums where the mods are volunteers (Kongregate) they often stop doing their role as moderator, or straight up disappear, and administrators scramble to get someone to take their place. Or the community dies down and people who seem like they'd be good in an administrative position simply aren't around anymore.

The only person I can think of is Greek2Me, because he moderates the steam boards for Blockland. Who assigned him that role? Was it you, or Rotondo?

Then why be here? I'm not hugely popular either but I'm at least trying not to be a freak and stand out.
respect tbh

Most moderators I see in communities get really autistic with enforcement to the point where it's obvious that they get their rocks off to the power trip of it all.
This is incredibly true, just look at most subreddits. I was banned from the For Honor subreddit's discord because some mod was flinging stuff at me, and I flung it back. He had no repercussions, and acted like a complete child when I confronted him about it. People are not always quite the same when they have power.

Another problem with volunteering is well, it's volunteering. I've seen on forums where the mods are volunteers (Kongregate) they often stop doing their role as moderator, or straight up disappear, and administrators scramble to get someone to take their place. Or the community dies down and people who seem like they'd be good in an administrative position simply aren't around anymore.

The only person I can think of is Greek2Me, because he moderates the steam boards for Blockland. Who assigned him that role? Was it you, or Rotondo?
greek is morbidly inactive, like almost anyone else that would be fit for moderation

I'm being serious about throwing my hat in btw. I have the time during the day and have been admin and mod multiple times on various forums, subreddits, and even guilds(officer and GM). I definitely wouldn't be voted in but if there's a role that needs filling I'd be glad to assist.

Because I don't have crippling social handicapation?

you sure about that?

i have news for you fam

pie crust, all the bans you got were justified. let's add another justified ban to the table here.

People who want authority and people who make good authority are two different camps of people

Those groups aren't mutually exclusive.

yea let's just give mod to the guy who's gone through multiple accounts and started his latest one right off the bat antagonizing everyone, what could possible go wrong?

I bet that a 99.99% of forumers would ban me the second they're mods
why are you still here

Not addressing what I said I see. Like I said, I have a history and I'm not popular. I have experience. If it's a job that needs doing I'd offer to do it.