I'm noticing people found a new unique way to dismiss posts.

Poll

Is this a form of dismissive behavior?

yes
6 (37.5%)
no
4 (25%)
ok
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 06, 2018, 08:31:14 PM

Author Topic: I'm noticing people found a new unique way to dismiss posts.  (Read 16817 times)

So people saying "ok" or "lol ok X" or whatever isn't counted as spam despite the fact they literally spam that stuff in every thread they go in?

This is an insanely common tactic of "So because X, then Y?" My point was that nobody's going to get banned for it and in a way, it's completely your fault that there's even a problem in the first place. If you don't like this, maybe tone it back on the pot stirring and the confrontational tone. Every topic you've posted in Off Topic comes off as if you're inviting heated discourse and then you run to make a drama topic when things don't simmer down. The forget do you expect at this point?

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=310248.0

And then the first loving reply in this thread is tablesalt and he's saying "ok"

If this isn't dismissive or spam then what is it?

Has anyone been banned for them?

Has anyone been banned for them?

Is that the point?

Has walmart ever created a union?

Is that the point?

If they're not going to be banned, and this topic is preaching to the people dismissing you, what was the point of making the topic? If you wanted a solution to this problem, you wouldn't have been eager to shut down my suggestion of cooling back the constant confrontational tone.

In a way I feel like this topic is you trying to stir up stuff more and taking the moral high ground so you can feel better after the thought that maybe the arguments started because you started them crept into your head.

Every topic you've posted in Off Topic comes off as if you're inviting heated discourse and then you run to make a drama topic when things don't simmer down.
It's all a part of his master plan

If your master plan involves acting like a moron for ten years, you're either insanely dedicated or actually a moron.

If they're not going to be banned, and this topic is preaching to the people dismissing you, what was the point of making the topic?

People made topics about asking people to stop making topics with [NEWS] tags. No one got banned for posting [NEWS] tags but they still made a drama about it anyways.

Do you see why this point you're making is not working?

I'm just pointing out it's always the same people circle jerking to dismiss posts, to harass others, etc.

Which ike you are one of those people as you constantly circlejerk with the normal regulars.

People made topics about asking people to stop making topics with [NEWS] tags. No one got banned for posting [NEWS] tags but they still made a drama about it anyways.

Do you see why this point you're making is not working?

I'm not saying the topic was pointless, I'm asking you what the point of making this topic was. Because you had to know full well that the reaction to this was going to be everyone just being dismissive, since you also accuse them of stalking your posts.

If the dismissive shoe fits, they are clearly wearing it.

Because you had to know full well that the reaction to this was going to be everyone just being dismissive

Are you implying people just want to prove me right about themselves being dismissive?

Why would they want to prove me right?

Are you implying people just want to prove me right about themselves being dismissive?

Why would they want to prove me right?

I don't think it was about proving you right or wrong, I think some people just wanted to push your buttons because they don't like you, and that you had to have known this was going to be the result when making this topic.

I was asking what the point of the topic is because I don't know what you wanted to come of this topic, beyond trying to make people look bad or trying to get them banned. Since the latter clearly won't happen and you know this, and you won't give a clear answer, I don't know what else to say.

Tony... you're posting so fast that you can't even fit what you want to say in your post without hitting post first. Calm down.