U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235423 times)

women start wearing a chastity belt problem solved pregnancy avoided

women start wearing a chastity belt problem solved pregnancy avoided

No no see they want to have their cake and eat it to.

I’ve never really followed the Roe V Wade thing so can someone inform me why a woman can’t just use birth control? Like not that I don’t support abortion but people seem to act like they have to have a child every time the egg is fertilized.
Isn’t abortion left up to the states though? There’s still going to be tons of states that allow it. If yours doesn’t, just travel over state lines.
No, not everyone can be on birth control. No, not everyone can afford plan B. This isn't even bringing up the obvious loveual abuse scenarios.

And "just travel over state lines"? Again, not everyone is afforded the time and money to do that. If this is your actual thought process and not some false-faith attempt to play devils advocate, you are very privileged, but based on the fact that these are easily answered questions I'm inclined to believe its the latter.

edit: omg your comments on the shootings... you are clearly apathetic to things that dont personally affect you
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 05:41:39 PM by Pixel »

No, not everyone can be on birth control. No, not everyone can afford plan B. This isn't even bringing up the obvious loveual abuse scenarios.

And "just travel over state lines"? Again, not everyone is afforded the time and money to do that. If this is your actual thought process and not some false-faith attempt to play devils advocate, you are very privileged, but based on the fact that these are easily answered questions I'm inclined to believe its the latter.

edit: omg your comments on the shootings... you are clearly apathetic to things that dont personally affect you
also i think some states are making it illegal to go get an abortion in another state. not sure if thats even constitutional though

did you have an account before this one? for some reason i thought you were bisjac

also i think some states are making it illegal to go get an abortion in another state. not sure if thats even constitutional though

did you have an account before this one? for some reason i thought you were bisjac
my account before this was Colten

I wouldn't be surprised if SCOTUS deemed it constitutional.

Dude I just got out of making $35k/yr living alone. That is well below the average salary in my state and below the living wage. How is that privelaged? My broke ass can afford to drive 6 hours (to account multiple or large states) even with a car that guzzles 93 octane. Alternatively, abortions aren't free either, and "muh healthcare that'll cover it" also isn't. I'm 100% pro choice and I don't agree on the ruling, but you can still have an abortion, and I find it super silly that people think otherwise.

What are my comments on the shootings? That they should've done this instead of that? I don't see how this is related. If I got my gf pregnant, I'd want the pregnancy to be terminated as I don't want children.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:04:50 AM by Sheepocalypse »

Being able to afford a box of condoms is privileged and you are scum for implying otherwise

Dude I just got out of making $35k/yr living alone. That is well below the average salary in my state and below the living wage. How is that privelaged? My broke ass can afford to drive 6 hours (to account multiple or large states) even with a car that guzzles 93 octane. Alternatively, abortions aren't free either, and "muh healthcare that'll cover it" also isn't. I'm 100% pro choice and I don't agree on the ruling, but you can still have an abortion, and I find it super silly that people think otherwise.

What are my comments on the shootings? That they should've done this instead of that? I don't see how this is related. If I got my gf pregnant, I'd want the pregnancy to be terminated as I don't want children.
Being physically and mentally able to have a job and to drive are both privileges. That's not a good or bad thing, that's just true

If I got my gf pregnant, I'd want the pregnancy to be terminated as I don't want children.
If you don't want children, like ever, then the most responsible thing to do would be to get a vasectomy don't you think? Why wait until you make the mistake of getting her pregnant and then have her go through the whole abortion thing?

Have you had a vasectomy? Do you have good insurance that will cover a voluntary surgery? Just use condoms. They're free, not $5,568

If you don't want children, like ever, then the most responsible thing to do would be to get a vasectomy don't you think? Why wait until you make the mistake of getting her pregnant and then have her go through the whole abortion thing?
I'm at the stage in my life where I don't want kids due to how young I am, but that might change in the future. Birth control is cheap (idk why people act like it isn't) and condoms are even cheaper.

Birth control is cheap (idk why people act like it isn't) and condoms are even cheaper.
$50 a month is not cheap for many people. $35k is almost triple the federal poverty level for individuals, and double what you need to fall into expanded medicaid eligibility, which isn't even applicable to many of the states that ban or intend to ban abortion (where non-expanded eligibility remains at less than half of the poverty level). the fact that you would've been able to afford to "drive 6 hours even with a car that guzzles 93 octane" is literally evidence that you were not as poor as you imagined