Author Topic: Badspot came back (kinda)  (Read 45348 times)

You know what? I've been considering it, but maybe it's time to go out and try to make a difference.

You mean like actually make a difference? I'd be darned...

making all female/male characters in a show or game look idealized or beautified creates an unrealistic portrayal of humans in general. beauty is subjective and being 'beautiful' isn't a prerequisite for their importance to the plot. unless their supposed beauty or ugliness drives the plot in some way (ie. character is a love worker, or vat-grown superhuman, or circus freak) then there's no reason to visually portray them in another way

making all female/male characters in a show or game look idealized or beautified creates an unrealistic portrayal of humans in general. beauty is subjective and being 'beautiful' isn't a prerequisite for their importance to the plot. unless their supposed beauty or ugliness drives the plot in some way (ie. character is a love worker, or vat-grown superhuman, or circus freak) then there's no reason to visually portray them in another way
based

'i think afros look clown-ish is all hahahahaha'

one of the funniest guys right here

i do not disagree with anything you are saying here. indeed you want to have realistic believable characters portraying their role otherwise what's the point

The only reason Badspot bothered to return to this place is to argue with someone. Man really has not changed in 18 years.

...he looks nothing like badspot
thanks dude ive had trouble with faces since slipping on the ice a few years back

welp goth drops an insane comment every few months lol. nothing has changed
one of the funniest guys right here
no one is laughing with you

the forums really are a stasis chamber for its users personalities

no one is laughing with you
sarcasm dude...learn it?

all this videogame culture war bullstuff is so tiring after 10 years can't we just move onto the race wars like on twitter. these are all from AAA games anyways so it's still garbage at the end of the day, ugly women or not. 40 year old "consumers" always have the worst tastes

We killed the pride thread great work fellas

I'm surprised Badspot didn't reply to my criticism. Is it that I made you actually have to think about your values once in your life? Do you only like easy targets? Is it that I'm to "mentally unwell" to be worth replying to? Is it that I chose not to criticize the core discussion of your article? I can absolutely spend another 3 hours refuting your core criticisms of western character design if you'd like.

Why do you only pick easy targets to bitch at?