Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 53415 times)

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

You WILL want a guide of some sort:
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Main_Page

This game is pretty interesting, there are some graphics packages out too, so that it's not all ASCII.

Also really frustrating and fun.

I remember this game, a HUGE classic, and you will probably never die in more excruciating and spectacular ways then in this game.

The real feature that sets it aside from other similar roguelikes is the fact that you can build fortresses and other similar structures in this game. You can also revisit them in explorer mode, or somesuch. I haven't played this game in a long time but I might pick it up again just because it's awesome.

Wow! This looks really, really fun!

Nice find Anti!

I have only done Dwarf Fortress mode so far, since in that mode you get to have all the fun with engineering and wierd dwarf moods and psychotic reactions to alcohol deprivation.

The graphics make it impossible or me to figure out what's going on. I'll try it though.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:52:30 PM by Rellow »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"The child's entrails shoot out through the wound!"
"The child is mangled!"
"The child's spleen is mangled!"
"The child's pancreas is mangled!"
"The child's lower spine is badly cut!"

(I almost died laughing at this one:)
"The child is propelled away by the force of the blow!"
"The child vomits"
"The child gives into pain."
"The child vomits"
"The child vomits"

I have a graphics pack that I got from.... somewhere, but the downside is that since teh same ASCII is used for multiple things, so are some of the images.

Frozen brooks look like a ton of boulders in a line, for example.

Dwarfs are pretty poetic

I loved this game, I might have to go back to it.

I don't get how to build stuff.

READ THE GUIDE.  IT IS PRETTY MUCH NECESSARY UNLESS SOMEONE IS THERE TO TEACH YOU.

Also, PLAN IRRIGATION BEFORE DIGGING.

The "Your First Fortress" guide is the best way to get the basic stuff down.

I have read that.

First of all, I do not get how to create stuff. What skills do one of my dwarves need and how would I build, say, a bed?(FIGURED OUT)

Second, how do I "drag out" a room from a object, as the guide refrences.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:11:19 PM by BlockBuilderMan »