Author Topic: Girls on Blockland  (Read 20018 times)

Here is the way I deal with gender online:

First, ignore any real life connections between a user and an owner and address them by whichever pronoun they prefer. If they tell me they are a girl, I be polite and say she.

Second, if they indicated no gender, attempt to judge by their name. This doesn't always work, but people who name themselves anglekittenrainbowsunflower generally don't mind being addressed by the pronoun she.

Third, assume masculinity if no preferred gender is indicated and there are no other clues. It has nothing to do with "no girls on the Internet," it's an English standard.

Whoever doesn't get the four: Count to 4 in binary on your fingers.

Hold your hands in front of you, palms toward you. Extend your fingers. Beginning with your left index finger, assign each finger a digit beginning with 1 and ending with 8. Close your hand. When a finger is extended, that place is considered to be a 1. When your finger is at rest, or lying down, that is considered to be 0. By raising and lowering your fingers in different patterns, you can count any positive integer between 0 and 255. Thumbs are ignored.

Here is how to count from 1 to 4 in binary using this system.

1. Raise your right index finger.
2. Lower your right index finger. Raise your right middle finger.
3. Raise your right index finger.
4. Lower right index finger and your right middle finger. Raise your right ring finger.

Congratulations.

Hold your hands in front of you, palms toward you: and just slap yourself in the face.

Fixed. ;-P

I would love to flip some one off and tell them I was just saying four in bianary.

http://www.glassgiant.com/geek/count_to_31_on_one_hand/

Your counting wrong.

My counting isn't wrong. The binary sequence expressed by my rules is 0000100. This is 4.

My counting method just happened to be different from the generally accepted way. Probably because I made it up myself.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 04:58:27 PM by Wedge »

I was saying your counting was wrong because it wasn't illistrating my (was suppost to be, but people didn't get it) joke.

I would love to flip some one off and tell them I was just saying four in bianary.
Do it all the time, except I'm actually counting, just elongate the 4...

You just can't imagine a girl being creative.
What does that have to do with anything?

Vertzer, you haven't given any proof that you're a man, or that you're not a homoloveual/lesbian, or that you're really the age you say you are, or that you're even Vertzer. For all I know, you're some guy who found Vertzer's computer with the forums opened and logged on.

If we don't trust anything unless we have hard evidence, nothing is to be trusted.
True, but certain things can be proven to a certain extent. For example I can prove that I am a male, age 16 and Vertzer with a simple picture.
that you could steal from the internet...
Not the I doubt you, but that is possible.

You just can't imagine a girl being creative.
What does that have to do with anything?

Vertzer, you haven't given any proof that you're a man, or that you're not a homoloveual/lesbian, or that you're really the age you say you are, or that you're even Vertzer. For all I know, you're some guy who found Vertzer's computer with the forums opened and logged on.

If we don't trust anything unless we have hard evidence, nothing is to be trusted.
True, but certain things can be proven to a certain extent. For example I can prove that I am a male, age 16 and Vertzer with a simple picture.
that you could steal from the internet...
Not the I doubt you, but that is possible.
Unless you actually know the given person, there are not many ways to prove an identity on the internet.

Im a girl im 10 years old here a pic of my doggy

Im a girl im 10 years old here a pic of my doggy

Your dog deserves better ):