Author Topic: Nintendo Conference *DSi and Moar*  (Read 6216 times)

So is, like, Tails our official Nintendo corrispondant or something?

I'll get the new DS, It seems to have Mii support.

Nintendo just killed my wallet.

Why post the Japanese conference, when there was an American one this morning?  Lame.  Do want though D:
Needs gold color though.

Their ability to recycle hardware and software is only outdone by their fan base's continued acceptance of it.

If Valve released Team Fortress : Tropical Island Blitz with 1 new character and an extra gun and sold it for full price, there would be an uproar. It's amazing that Nintendo can get away with doing that kind of crap.

Yes,  this DS is a total recycle, because it has two new cameras, new design, and new firmware!
EDIT: Whoa, I was reading the Nintendo website, and they announced Cave Story for Wii!  Source: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/t6rlC6_5A_XIb0cdW9-uPKEj2vPE-9RS
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:59:43 PM by Marcem »

I thought the new ds was called ds light compact

Yes,  this DS is a total recycle, because it has two new cameras, new design, and new firmware!
EDIT: Whoa, I was reading the Nintendo website, and they announced Cave Story for Wii!  Source: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/t6rlC6_5A_XIb0cdW9-uPKEj2vPE-9RS

It is a recycle. Adding in a stuffty camera(s) and decreasing the width of the device (and removing some of it's core functionality) is not innovation.

The only semi-decent upgrade is the built-in web browser but that new inclusion is overshadowed by the fact that the browser was already for sale in Japan for months/years.

As far as I can see, all it did was try to squeeze into an already saturated market (stuffty cameras incorporated into mobile devices) and cut off a huge catalog of games by taking out the Advanced cartridge slot thereby forcing consumers to buy more of their current games at higher markups.

I thought the new ds was called ds light compact
Lite*  Never trust the sites you go to, I guess.

It is a recycle. Adding in a stuffty camera(s) and decreasing the width of the device (and removing some of it's core functionality) is not innovation.

The camera is 3 Times greater than a cellphone camera, and they didn't reduce the size of the chips, they compressed them. Making things smaller IS innovation.

It's the SAME THING. I don't care what else they stick on there... it's still yet ANOTHER Nintendo DS. Make something new, please?

It's the SAME THING. I don't care what else they stick on there... it's still yet ANOTHER Nintendo DS. Make something new, please?
Then think about the shop.

As much as I like the changes, I agree that Nintendo should be doing something else. Not because this is just "another DS," but because they have been too busy working on these fancy hardware improvements and have neglected to make any actual NOTEWORTHY GAMES TO PLAY THEM ON.

I really, really don't want Nintendo to turn into the Apple Computers of the gaming industry, but it looks like they already have. Truly heartbreaking. :'(

Then think about the shop.
mmm ds shop

They could sell GB, GBC and GBA games on it :D

ps:

Fils-Aime said they wouldn't be bringing the DSi to North America until late 2009 because they want to continue selling the DS throughout the holiday season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA