Author Topic: Nintendo Conference *DSi and Moar*  (Read 6217 times)

Uh actually the ds web browser was available all over the world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_Browser

Japan July 24, 2006
Europe October 6, 2006
Flag of Australia January 18, 2007
Flag of the United States June 4, 2007[2]
Flag of Singapore June 2007

Doesn't it make sense to actually check if it's Japan only?

- snip -
Browsing on a PSP is terrible. It's slow and takes ages to type.
I don't feel like paying money just to browse the internet on my DS so I haven't used that browser yet.

Doesn't it make sense to actually check if it's Japan only?

I could have sworn I read in a magazine (albeit many moons ago) that the DS browser was only slated for release in Japan. It's possible they changed their plans after the article was published.

The point it moot though. Their basically reselling the browser to you in this "new" (I hesitate to use the term) DS.

Browsing on a PSP is terrible. It's slow and takes ages to type.
I don't feel like paying money just to browse the internet on my DS so I haven't used that browser yet.

Yeah, I think the ergonomics of web browsing on any hand held device are pretty poor. Lack of a decent sized screen and a proper keyboard makes for a painful experience.

Better improvements to the DS would be things like having or supporting more memory, larger screens, longer battery life and extending the range of the WiFi features.

Uh reactor, it does have bigger screens

This lovely picture was taken on a 1.5 mega pixel camera.

(broken link)

So it probably won't look that bad.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:07:09 PM by Wedge »

404 not found

heres a picture.

What one wedge :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:13:26 PM by tails »

Yeah, so basically, you can take the SD card out of your DS, go to any store with one of those machines that takes sd cards and prints out pictures, and print out high quality postcard sized pictures.

Put back your previous picture with the resolutions and the dimensions of the picture too, my post makes more sense then.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:08:11 PM by Wedge »

Uh reactor, it does have bigger screens

17% bigger screen
I am not impressed. Extra .25 inches *rolls eyes*

3 megapixel camera
Not bad, but still does warrant reselling the same device.

I guess my point is this. Adding in a camera and increasing the screen size is not necessarily a bad thing (neither is the improved online features) but it still doesn't make a convincing enough set of reasons to start reselling the DS. Removing the ability to play older games is another hit against the DSi.

I think handhelds in general (PSP, DS, Iphone, etc) have all been rather disappointing considering how fast technology has been advancing in other areas. The DS and PSP are both flawed in their own unique ways and the Iphone is just too loving expensive and is tied into one loving phone carrier with a mandatory 2 year plan which ain't cheap.

Ipod touch is pretty sweet though. Browsing is fast, you can view research on it, easy to type, screen size is decent, and the it is really clear. Near damn impossible to scratch the screen, too.

Better improvements to the DS would be things like having or supporting more memory I think it has it to emulate the old Opera browser memory expander., larger screens Has it, longer battery life Most likely has it and extending the range of the WiFi features. Has it.
  And the current browser's pretty nice, fast, and useful too.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 08:07:36 PM by Marcem »

0_0...
Thats a nice idea

#1 use for portable internet?
research HENTAI YAY

I concur.  But really, I just want pikmin 3.