Author Topic: Master Chief vs. Gordon Freeman: A theoretical and realism-based argument.  (Read 7989 times)

I've noticed this stupid-ass argument raging among players, misconstruing facts and basically just turning it into a mess of stuff. Well, I really wanted to do this for a while now: Using only their realistic facts to pit them in a duel. These facts are gathered from literature, to be more accurate.

Let's start with stats:
Spartan[Sierra]-117:

Born: 2511
Died: [UNKNOWN] MIA.
Height: 2.08 m / 6ft 10in (7ft in MJOLNIR)
Weight: Aprox 200-300lbs Without MJOLNIR, 1000+lbs With MJOLNIR.
Strength Ratio:[/i] In MJOLNIR: Can lift up to 1.8 Tons. Without MJOLNIR: Around 400 lbs.
Education: Advanced Physics, Armaments, Battle tactics, Algebra, Geometry, Chemistry, Astronomy, Flora, Species-To-Species relations, Geography, Vehicle Operatons, Heavy Vehicle Operations, Alien Vehicle Operations, Shielding and Repulser Technologies, Applied Sciences, Medical Care, Engineering, Holographic Operations/Engineering, brown townysis, Biology, Xenobiology, and Military Sub-Sciences.
Recorded Battles: Battle of Chi Ceti, Battle of Jericho VII, Battle of Sigma Octstar fish IV, Battle of Reach, Battle of Installation 04, Operation: First Strike, First Battle of Earth, Battle of Installation 05, Second Battle of Earth, Second Battle of Installation 00, and others.
Experience: Advanced SPARTAN-II Training program. Extended Military training since the age of 11 (Relative).
Notations: Advanced thought process. (He can view literally in slow-motion.) Almost quintupled strength and speed of a normal man. Armor impenetrable under any normal means. Shielding technology blocks Ballistics and Plasma weaponry.

Next up:

Gordon Freeman, Ph.D.
Born: [UNKNOWN] Between 1973 and 1982
Died: Has not expired.
Height: UNKNOWN Around 6 Feet.
Weight: UNKNOWN Around 100-280 lbs
Strength Ratio: Normal Man, around 200 lbs.
Education: Theoretical Physics, Basic School Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Physics.
Recorded Battles: Black Mesa Outbreak, Battle for Earth, Combine War.
Experience: Learned-on-the-fly Weapons experience. Range from Assault Rifles to Shotguns and RPG's.
Notations: HEV Suit protects against most forms of Ballistics, Hazardeous Chemicals.

The battle ensues tomarrow. FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAAAAAY.

tl;dr

Gun vs crowbar. That's pretty much what I got from this :P

Gordon would have to be over 500 years old to even meet Master Chief. No battle!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 08:17:12 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

even if it were possible, stats wise MC would epicly win

Except the fact that Gordon freeman has Gman on his side.

Aka time travel.

Except the fact that Gordon freeman has Gman on his side.

Aka time travel.
If that's the case, then Master Cheif has the rest of the spartans and the Arbiter.

If that's the case, then Master Cheif has the rest of the spartans and the Arbiter.
And the entire Human Army. AND the Covenant Separatist Army.
Gordon would have to be over 500 years old to even meet Master Chief. No battle!
Another reason why this stupid fight shouldn't exist.

I'm not even going to try and base this off of their characteristics. Instead I'll base it off of which game is better in general.

Gordan Freeman is the winner, by far.

I'm not even going to try and base this off of their characteristics. Instead I'll base it off of which game is better in general.

Gordan Freeman is the winner, by far.
And thats where all logic of the discussion corrupts. The fact he said a realism-based arguement, and you post about which game is better.

And thats where all logic of the discussion corrupts. The fact he said a realism-based arguement, and you post about which game is better.

That's the thing. They're two COMPLETELY different fictional characters, from two COMPLETELY different games, and there's hardly any way to compare the two.

Gordon Freeman's a rebellious, tyrant fighting scientist who fights based on what's in his environment.

Master Chief is a superhuman, combat trained, exo-suit and extra terrestrial weapon wielding space marine who goes around killing aliens.

It's as simple as that.

That's the thing. They're two COMPLETELY different fictional characters, from two COMPLETELY different games, and there's hardly any way to compare the two.

Gordon Freeman's a rebellious, tyrant fighting scientist who fights based on what's in his environment.

Master Chief is a superhuman, combat trained, exo-suit and extra terrestrial weapon wielding space marine who goes around killing aliens.

It's as simple as that.
I never said it was a good battle, I just said your post is unrelated.

Both of them win. Suriously, theres about 6,000 ideas about whos gonna win or lose.

Gordon can climb ladders as fast as most people can run. Plus, let's not forget the Gibinator a.k.a. The Tau Cannon.