Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 144211 times)

If you want, I think you could make empties such as Modelparts, Partmodel, gunhandle and such to organize your model. Very helpful for later use. Just like commenting your code is.

good idea!

Yes! this has been stickied!! :D

Getting some stupid problems with exporting: "Python script error: check console"
What to do?

Getting some stupid problems with exporting: "Python script error: check console"
What to do?

you might have the wrong version of the python script, check what the console says when you first start it up. Should say what version you need.

Yay for sticky :D

It says:
Code: [Select]
Compiled with Python version 2.5.2
Checking for installed Python... got it!

The console says the problem is a "SRE module mismatch"

Any help?

edit: oh wait, I have 2.6.2, not 2.5.2 ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:53:48 AM by chilmans »

i need help i want to make a vehicle on blockland using blender and i downloaded dtloveporterblender_964 thing from the download section of blockland.I guess i downloaded the wrong file to model?if i did can you post the download page so i can download the modeling program?
Thank you!
 :panda:

Now all I need is a tutorial on scripting thanks alot Darkstar you really saved my ass.

i need help i want to make a vehicle on blockland using blender and i downloaded dtloveporterblender_964 thing from the download section of blockland.I guess i downloaded the wrong file to model?if i did can you post the download page so i can download the modeling program?
Thank you!
 :panda:

So you're saying it didn't work? You probably need to download the python script, when you start blender look in the console and read what version of python it needs(says at the very beginning) and if it says it doesn't have it, google it.

When I go File>Export, it dosn't say "torque shape .dts" in-fact it has barely any of the advertised export files. (For my new MP9) Why is that?

You can try reinstalling blender or installing the python script that it says it needs, if that doesn't work i'm not sure.

we have to download blender right is it free

we have to download blender right is it free

Yes, if i remember correctly

What to do?

What to do if on mac? :(

I get a similar error for part 2, making a weapon.
When I change all of the Geometry settings and whatnot, I'll hit "Export" as instructed. Once I do so an error saying "Python Script Error: Check Console"

(lol late reply)
This is happening to you guys because you don't have the right version of python installed, or blender is being stupid and thinks you don't have it installed when you actually do which is what happens to me when I try use 2.49