Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849529 times)

Unfortunately not 24/7, around 4pm-10pm EST during week days, 1pm-11pm EST during weekends commonly.

When did they add this new launcher? I like it. The old one was a piece of stuff and logging in was almost impossible for no reason.

new one feels a bit weird, I preferred the style of the old one with the log of updates
but it's nice how they have the skin stuff as part of it

I think it's been around for a couple months? I've barely even touched any of the launchers since I use MultiMC but I remember DB talking about it semi-recently

eh, i preferred the old one for some reason but this new one is still cool

Real talk, what is the purpose of cauldrons? They've been in the game for ages now but I have to keep thoroughly reading the wiki page to make sure I'm not misunderstanding their function because they seem like they're completely useless

I get that you can use them to fill water bottles for potions, but it only fills up 3 bottles before it has to be refilled, and if you're going to have to go get a bucket of water to refill it why even bother putting it into the cauldron first?? Why wouldn't I just put a water source block down and fill literally infinite bottles instead of 3??? Who designed this??????

its for the wizard  a e s t h e t i c

Real talk, what is the purpose of cauldrons? They've been in the game for ages now but I have to keep thoroughly reading the wiki page to make sure I'm not misunderstanding their function because they seem like they're completely useless

I get that you can use them to fill water bottles for potions, but it only fills up 3 bottles before it has to be refilled, and if you're going to have to go get a bucket of water to refill it why even bother putting it into the cauldron first?? Why wouldn't I just put a water source block down and fill literally infinite bottles instead of 3??? Who designed this??????
Yeah it makes absolutely no sense. But what can you do, Minecraft did not have many purposeful updates that made any sense to begin with for awhile now.
Basically though you can now dye the water and you can dye leather clothing. Because that was a important thing to add. Because leather clothing is very handy.

you can dye water? :O

also maybe u could use a cauldron if ur in the nether and you aren't close to a portal?

it's funny because unless you spawn in a field of cows it takes less time and effort to make full iron armor than it does to make a leather chestpiece

you can dye water? :O

also maybe u could use a cauldron if ur in the nether and you aren't close to a portal?

only in the pocket edition

and yeah I guess you could use it in the nether but you'd still have to haul around water buckets to keep refilling it, might as well step through the portal for 10 seconds and make things easier on yourself

Actually the reason cauldrons were added is because before you could not actually fill the glass bottles with water by using a water source block. You had to use a cauldron to fill them.
But then the game became simpler.

I should really get around to making myself a new skin. A random skin i edited off some skin i downloaded on planetminecraft gets old.

might as well step through the portal for 10 seconds and make things easier on yourself
and you aren't close to a portal?

If you are not close to a portal chances are you are not carrying around a cauldron with water buckets, potion materials, glass bottles & water buckets  as well.. Are you? If you are what is wrong with you.

cauldrons are not practical for brewing, but is useful for decoration and redstone

Actually the reason cauldrons were added is because before you could not actually fill the glass bottles with water by using a water source block. You had to use a cauldron to fill them.
But then the game became simpler.
maybe in a snapshot, but in the full release with potions you could just use a water source block