Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5760458 times)

Guys, Evolution 2 Electric Boogaloo is up for playing. Not right now though since Queeb has school.

Also try using dynamic lights for the "glow" effect.

How do I use Dynamic lights?

Install the mod an add the swords to the light IDs.

how do i make the blades glow though (to where the blade on the lightsaber is lit up in the dark, like glow fx on blockland)

how do i make the blades glow though (to where the blade on the lightsaber is lit up in the dark, like glow fx on blockland)
found this short tutorial, it might help a little bit:
http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-modding-making-hand-held.html

No I don't need it to be a light source, I need it to have a glowing blade

wouldnt you just use a really bright color then? kinda like the yellow in a glowstone brick?

they already have really bright colors. it does not help.

Check Xyblocks textures. They glow in the dark.

Any servers? I haven't played in awhile.

Any servers? I haven't played in awhile.
try out the modpack me and pie crust made, evolution 2
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=300517
its terrafirmacraft but with other mods put in like ic2 and bc and railcraft

btw I hate 1.9 imagine if there are like 2 creepers coming towards you and the cooldown makes them blow up because they blow up before you can hit again

btw I hate 1.9 imagine if there are like 2 creepers coming towards you and the cooldown makes them blow up because they blow up before you can hit again
Yeah man the cool down is hard to get used to. I think it's good they're adding more nuance to combat but the cool down really messes with me and I presume a lot of other older players. maybe it would have been better if they shortened the cool down and reworked the hitboxes so hitting certain body parts yield more damage. idk, though I am thankful the devs are putting in work after so many years.

swing time is a bit weird even after getting used to it
for creepers I normally just use my bow, since it's safer and does more damage (one shotting them)

although if you're stuck with a sword, I think the cleave applies the full knockback, so sprinting and hitting them should work
otherwise just do what you used to with your stone swords in previous versions, hit and walk back before hitting again

The cooldown is freaking awful if the server is lagging. Since the recharge confirmation is server-sided, you often have to wait 2-5 times the normal recharge time to get a full charge if the server is lagging. Which can easily kill you in combat against mobs. I absolutely hate it.