Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5803221 times)

Being in a laggy ass server can also kill you if youre fighting anything, even without the recharge timer

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:58:03 AM by Mr Queeba »

Haven't played much recently but this is my current world I tinker around in occasionally

-pics-

I've been building a bit more, here's some stuff

I really like the barn, it's the kind I usually build with some twists being 3 stories with entrances on all sides on at different heights. Nice hub for paths.
The ruined tower under repair was just something I threw on top of the newly "fortified" parts of the island, it was very empty, I kinda like it, maybe I can build something out of it someday.
Newest addition is the really bland lighthouse, been tinkering with the height a few times, that feels nice now but I really need to do something with the materials and the shape of the top which has already changed a few times already too.

that's pretty sick

I can never get myself to build anything nice unless I'm on a server where someone else has a chance to see it, I always end up living in a hole in the ground or a village house

that's pretty sick

I can never get myself to build anything nice unless I'm on a server where someone else has a chance to see it, I always end up living in a hole in the ground or a village house
this
literally always this in any game ever
I love building in minecraft but I lose all motivation the moment all my friends stop playing

Holy stuff generation. I want to build something here but I feel like touching it with a torch would ruin it.

What the hell is wrong with my clouds though. They also have very odd rendering from underneath (no transparency).

that's pretty sick

I haven't build anything in a long while, but it's chill to work on something while I've got some TV-show or Youtube stuff running to just kinda unwind

I updated the map of the island to encompass my recent project, an ocean monument that I'm turning into a guardian farm
I have a neat idea for it in mind

a small tip for bigger maps that will suffer from different block light levels that show as obvious lines between the maps
is to place the itemframes on glowstone so that they're all well lit

if you're putting it surrounded by blocks you should be able to place item framed maps/paintings on torches
otherwise glowstone/lamps/sea lanterns tend to look better from the side, so you don't see the hole behind the display (pumpkin orange still looks weird)

Anybody here play TerraFirmaCraft on the regular? I'm looking for tips on mining.

I broke the mold and made myself a proper house in single player

it's ok

That's pretty cute. What's that construction to the right?

Do we have any servers with mods still running?