Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5765501 times)

ooOh forget you mojang

conifer and birch leaf colors are determined by code, so that means they'll be a dull green no matter what colors the foliage was set to be by the texture packs

green trees in a blood-red field look handicapped, so already CrazyCraft: hell on earth is doomed >:OOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm pretty sure that's not true, pine trees use the top half of the foilage.png and I thought birch used the bottom half, like regular trees.

I have a few questions about texture packs and transparency.

1. Can blocks that are somewhat transparent (ice, water, etc) support more than one level of transparency (i.e. one part with 127, another with 237)?
2. Do paintings support more than one level of transparency, or for that matter, can it support transparency at all? I want to make a painting that looks like a crater but the crater image I'm using (scorch.png from Sauerbraten) is mostly transparent, and in different degrees.

Only certain blocks support transparency, and paintings is not on of them. The only transparent block I know is ice, which supports more than one level of transparency. All blocks can have parts being invisible as seen in x-ray texture packs.

Dang! I can't connect to Minecraft :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:09:04 AM by popman98 »

ooOh forget you mojang

conifer and birch leaf colors are determined by code, so that means they'll be a dull green no matter what colors the foliage was set to be by the texture packs

green trees in a blood-red field look handicapped, so already CrazyCraft: hell on earth is doomed >:OOOOOOOOOOOO
uh theres a way against that
you use the whatever biome texture you're using and stick it in your bin folder
it will show up colour not only your texture pack but in all the others too

i have an image somewhere

The only transparent block I know is ice, which supports more than one level of transparency.

Glass, Glass Panes?

uh theres a way against that
you use the whatever biome texture you're using and stick it in your bin folder
it will show up colour not only your texture pack but in all the others too

i have an image somewhere

He's making a texture pack.

Glass, Glass Panes?

He's making a texture pack.

Glass and glass panes are completely 100% see trough at the transperent places, all blocks can do that.

Glass and glass panes are completely 100% see trough at the transperent places, all blocks can do that.

You were talking in terms of transparency, and I didn't know you were purposefully discluding that parameter.

You were talking in terms of transparency, and I didn't know you were purposefully discluding that parameter.
Sorry for being unclear, I forgot to mention that.

Anyone have a painting picking mod or something?  I want to pick my paintings instead of repeatedly placing/removing :(

I made sweet as hell painting edits.
I want to know this also.
Also, installing mods in linux is hell easy so installing mods is what i do all the time on minecraft :3

Somebody open a server i wanna play with BL people...

Yeah come on, Someone host a server.

The weapons and the map where from some viking texture pack I edited
Why is there a Terraria sun in there?