Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5810224 times)

niga you gay
he means the bin
why are you an being of the dumb man these day
because of the him being brain of thing think stuff

Except people have already done vanilla minecraft so many times they want to get to the good stuff, the mod.

Still takes out the fun. The map and experience is practically never the same each time.

Just played some MineZ with Awdax, fun as hell

Really fun when you have someone to explore and fend off with.

Also, I figured out how to use the shears and everything. So next time we get on we can heal each other. And it doesn't use any of the supplies!

Still takes out the fun. The map and experience is practically never the same each time.
isn't that the idea? playing the same thing repeatedly gets really old

it doesn't use any of the supplies!

I think that makes us gods

Edit: I'd love to play MineZ with some other people, maybe even add a third person to the group of Awdax and I (probably no more than that so we're not fighting over the supplies)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:11:13 AM by Regulith »

So Uniloc are suing Mojang for patent infringement.

Here's a copy of the complaint, and here's the patent itself.

Having read through the patent document it seems to describe a method for authenticating with an external service by means of a hash of data generated on an external smart card, which is sent to an external server (either a licensing system on a given network or on the Internet) to authorize access to some piece of software for a given license period before it must be authorized again... except Minecraft does nothing like this to my knowledge. What they describe sounds a lot like a Blizzard Authenticator, though.

Apparently this isn't the first time Uniloc have sued, they've also sued Gameloft and a bunch of other companies. Poor patent system - such good intent, and yet you only ever hear of patents in the context of people suing for tangentially related stuff to try and make a buck.

Also, yes, they misspelled Minecraft in the complaint. "Mindcraft" sounds awesome, whatever it is.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:30:36 AM by M »

Mojang will kick their unimportant asses, like, who are they

I thought there was a mod like that
mindcraft
using telekinesis to throw creepers into buildings and make pigs fly

I think that makes us gods

Edit: I'd love to play MineZ with some other people, maybe even add a third person to the group of Awdax and I (probably no more than that so we're not fighting over the supplies)

Yeah, rationing food is tough since we haven't come by a lot lately - but it wouldn't hurt to bring another along with us. The hard part would be meeting up with them, we'd have to stock up.

Someone should host with this map:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLeXP15vkcM
Yea, too bad I can't/don't know how/lazy to portfoward

So Uniloc are suing Mojang for patent infringement.

Here's a copy of the complaint, and here's the patent itself.

Having read through the patent document it seems to describe a method for authenticating with an external service by means of a hash of data generated on an external smart card, which is sent to an external server (either a licensing system on a given network or on the Internet) to authorize access to some piece of software for a given license period before it must be authorized again... except Minecraft does nothing like this to my knowledge. What they describe sounds a lot like a Blizzard Authenticator, though.

Apparently this isn't the first time Uniloc have sued, they've also sued Gameloft and a bunch of other companies. Poor patent system - such good intent, and yet you only ever hear of patents in the context of people suing for tangentially related stuff to try and make a buck.

Also, yes, they misspelled Minecraft in the complaint. "Mindcraft" sounds awesome, whatever it is.

elsewhere in Texas
Veeerrry specific.

How many different variants of an authentication server can you have anyway? Besides, Mojang managed to fight of Bethesda, so no worries here :)

Bethesda dropped the lawsuit.

The probably with Technology lawsuits are that they are very vague on purpose so that if someone does something similar they can easily sue them.

Thats why patents and copyrights are dumb sometimes.