Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5763977 times)

skeletons aim ahead of where you're running and they aim good.

and if you get shot by a skeleton 6 times, you're either not trying to kill him, running away, or just completely braindead
skeletons don't aim well when you're changing elevation or strafing. A paraplegic could hit someone advancing with block on.

• Added fireworks (sound effects will come soon)
  • Added enchanted books for enchanting items
  • Plenty of bugs addressed!
http://assets.minecraft.net/12w49a/minecraft.jar

They are working on both 1.5 and 1.4.6. 1.4.6 will be out this month to give players stupid stuff, meanwhile 1.5 will be Jan or Feb. Honestly, I don't give a forget about fireworks. Apparently he wants to give them sound effects and the ability to scare away some mobs like dogs, but wow... Basically, all snapshots until 1.4.6 will be for 1.4.6, and we'll only start getting 1.5 snapshots afterwards...

Just make the Mod API for 1.5, Mojang. We aren't asking for fireworks, we're asking for something useful.

lol, what game are you playing? block works perfectly
Then the idea of "blocking" in this game is really forgeted up.

When you block you should be able to repel the attack of your opponent, leaving to scars on your body. A system like this is usually stabilized by a stamina system which would make this game much better if the combat didn't involve Mario with a sword (implying that enemies don't have attack animations and they pretty much hurt you when you touch them) that kills everything at 3 times of the swords reach.

Just make the Mod API for 1.5, Mojang. We aren't asking for fireworks, we're asking for something useful.
I know right, looks like the newest and finest pile of useless garbage that nobody will loving use after the next 4 weeks has been confirmed and arrived stealing away development time from something that has been anticipated for years now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:07:04 PM by Tonkka² »

Yeah, let me try to reexplain because I feel like I didn't do it right. They said they are working on 1.4.6 and 1.5 parallel, so both are supposed to be in development, but snapshots and the next release will only be for 1.4.6. I think they are just scapegoating Fireworks so they aren't obligated to get 1.5 out as early as they promised. Seriously, fireworks seemed optional. How many people actually felt strongly for that out of everything else for 1.5? They can't just admit their changes are taking more time or work then expected? Because doing releases like this gets more criticism than honesty.

In other irrelevant news: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ee3d/

skeletons don't aim well when you're changing elevation or strafing. A paraplegic could hit someone advancing with block on.
if you're actually walking towards the skeleton while blocking the entire time, you're doing it wrong. at most, you should only block until the skeleton actually hits you, then run up and take it out.

and really, jumping/strafing just doesn't work, i still get hit just as much when using my current blocking strategy. i know i'm not doing it wrong, because any moron can just jump and run around.

I can just tell fireworks is going to be a clusterforget of "I need the wiki to understand that..." I just tried out making fireworks, and everything is relative to ingredients. So you need to know all the valid ingredients, what is compatible with each other, amounts of gunpowder to extend flight, etc.

What is actually sadly hilarious is you can make "mob-shaped" firework effects, which is just a Creeper face. To do it, you craft them with -any- mob head... Meaning in survival, the only way to craft them is with Wither Skeleton Heads... Lol, that will be a waste. Luckily the Creeper Face effect is awful, so don't waste your Wither Skeleton Heads on it.

they should make wither head rockets damage players, that way we can have rockets to shoot like cannons.

fireworks are cool but it doesn't sound like they're executing the idea very well.

Firework rockets should have a 3D model. It is weird as forget they are flying pieces of paper.

Firework rockets should have a 3D model. It is weird as forget they are flying pieces of paper.
not even, just do the cross section thing like they do with arrows.

Yes, anything is better than the random NES rocket. :panda:

at least it gives texture artists the ability to change the shape of the rocket.

99.108.90.166:25565

default serverrrrrr

difficulty: hard
Pvp: on
maxplayers: 8

edit: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1593316-vanilla-pvp-server/

is the thread
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:20:12 PM by hankyje »