Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5850138 times)

finally after 6 thousand pages the poll is updated
you kind of forget about things when you start visiting the forum only once every 8 months.

you kind of forget about things when you start visiting the forum only once every 8 months.
I sometimes message you on Skype to fix the OP, I think that was like 4 months ago.

Cmon man this is the #1 viewed topic in blf and is the third longest
it deserves regular checkups

Cmon man this is the #1 viewed topic in blf and is the third longest
it deserves regular checkups

yeah, i pretty much make sure the thread isnt completely broken every once in a while. you can just message me and i get emails though, makes things a lot easier.

It's good a megathread has a half decent not banned OP.

Good on you, Dropshock.

Guys I need some help. Whenever I try to play minecraft I get this:
http://puu.sh/b2yVl/56e93bc3ad.mp4

All this glitching. And it gets even more severe if I install any mods like Optifine:
http://puu.sh/b2yfp/4ad830ff29.mp4

I have threaded optimizations globally disabled, yada yada yada, I even went as far as 3 full releases back and the problem still persists. How do fix?

Posting this again because the problem still persists

Posting this again because the problem still persists
did you update your drivers/java/wipe your install and reinstall already

did you update your drivers/java/wipe your install and reinstall already
Updated drivers, freshly installed latest version of java 64 bit, and i tried 3 different full releases and a bunch of snapshots. all do the same glitching

Updated drivers, freshly installed latest version of java 64 bit, and i tried 3 different full releases and a bunch of snapshots. all do the same glitching
i actually use the 32 bit version even though i've got 64 bit os and 24 gig ram since java's terrible about cleanup on processes, try the 32 bit version.

I just upgraded my graphics card but minecraft doesn't seem to run any better, any idea why?

Went from an radeon hd 7750 to R9 270x

I just upgraded my graphics card but minecraft doesn't seem to run any better, any idea why?

Went from an radeon hd 7750 to R9 270x

Minecraft really doesn't depend as much on the GPU considering any chunk loading in the game is entirely based off the CPU and RAM usage cause Java is a slut that way.

I like how the enchantment table only takes 1-3 levels and not all of them.
And now the anvil is actually usable with diamond tools
Quartz is still OP with exp, but still takes awhile to get the level 30.

I like the new update

I like the new update too since no one even mentioned the fact they now have multi threaded chunk loading.

I as well finally got my server working right performance wise on a single core and now I can fly jets without any issues.