Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5778451 times)

i hadn't played for a year and i wanted to get back on my account but i couldn't
one email to mojang later and i found out someone had been using my account
i could tell because my skin used to be Doomguy and now its Puss in boots

i hadn't played for a year and i wanted to get back on my account but i couldn't
one email to mojang later and i found out someone had been using my account
i could tell because my skin used to be Doomguy and now its Puss in boots
Sounds like someone wanted to doom a puss.
That's unfortunate that someone somehow got into your account, hope you get it back.

This modpack is beginning to take shape. I just have a few more crafting issues to take care of. Shame its too resource-intensive. It would be very neat to host.

I'm making it somewhat according to the world technology advancements. Once the first machines are obtained, obtaining the ingots is much simpler and so on.

Also, I've never made so many luminators in my life.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:39:23 PM by Pastrey Crust »

I wonder how long the kids will keep playing this game.

I wonder how long the kids will keep playing this game.

Assuming the game's modding community stays as active and diverse as it is right now, a very long time. It truly is one of the best modding communities.

As far as vanilla players, the vanilla game probably won't be going all that far in the distant future (probably) so I don't know.

I get bored from the vanilla game in about a few minutes. I usually build the same castle and then leave.

This modpack is beginning to take shape. I just have a few more crafting issues to take care of. Shame its too resource-intensive. It would be very neat to host.

I'm making it somewhat according to the world technology advancements. Once the first machines are obtained, obtaining the ingots is much simpler and so on.

Also, I've never made so many luminators in my life.
It would be nice to be playing the modpack indeed.

Im also thinking of making my own modpack. Its going to mainly focus on Galacticraft with addons and Matter Overdrive. Overall high-tech mods. Theres also going to be Archimedes Ship and if i can manage to do it without issues, Metaworlds.

psa: magic mods > tech mods
although you can have both

psa: magic mods > tech mods
although you can have both
I prefer tech mods over magic mods. Theres only 1 magic mod i actually use and thats thaumcraft.

all magic mods suck except EE, and even that's pretty gay

I'm totally with the technological mods especially if they're challenging like Terrafirmacraft and soon, this modpack.

I also can't manage to get a single goddamned car mod that isn't super-bloated with bullstuff. I just want a minecart that can drive and consume fuel like that beautiful mod from 1.5.2 that no one updated.

Modlist:
Decorations for TFC
Terrafirmacraft
Terramist
TFCAutoBellows
CellarsAddon
AnimalCrate
ArchimedesShips
Buildcraft
BuildcraftCompatibility
Cars_and_Drives <- to be removed because no fuel consumption
CodeChickenCore
Coroutil
Farseek
HardcoreDarkness
IC2NuclearControl
IndustrialCraft-Experimental
NEIIntegration
NotEnoughItems
PlayerAPI
Railcraft
Streams
TerrafirmacraftNEIPlugin
WAILA
WAILAHarvestability
Weather2
ZZZZZZCustomConfigs

To add: REI's Minimap.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:12:48 PM by Pastrey Crust »

It sucks ass in my eyes.

Anyways, I'm currently playing it to come across crafting issues and other bugs to be able to release it and ready to use as-is.

also protip: make torches before night settles

And now that I think about it, nuclear power is even harder than before because you have to actually look for pitchblende and it doesn't pop up in your regular mining trip. This is a very neat multiplayer modpack.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:08:46 PM by Pastrey Crust »

If you want even harder, more realistic nuclear power, you could use reactorcraft. Its an addon for the already quite realistic and awesome Rotarycraft. However it might break some of the progressing stuff and Reactorcraft has fusion reactors albeit really hard to make and actually realistic.

And also add archimedes ship if you want airships and boats. Archimedes Ships has a actually a fuel system for the steam engines that are required to make your airship/boat go faster.

For minecarts you can add Steve's Carts.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:19:17 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

I added Archimedes' ships and modified the crafting recipes of those to go accordingly. Also, the thing about ReactorCraft is that it's an addon for Rotarycraft and it will be redundant to have IC2 and Buildcraft along side Rotarycraft.

Steve's carts was a good mod up until 1.4.7. I dislike it how it is now. Particularly after the removal of the AI cart. Even so, Railcraft is installed and works perfectly along side IC2 with the electric trains.