Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5855451 times)

ok but seriously how the forget do i use rotarycraft
like i'm too used to wires
As someone of the tech masterrace, i can give you the answer. (BTW, Read the handbook.)

It is difficult but rewarding. First off, you need a generator. To start, you should use the DC Generator. It only requires to be powered by redstone. The DC has an issue and that is the fact that almost no machines can use its power. Make some shafts to transport the power. Rotarycraft is special when it handles power. It uses two factors. Torque and Speed. Having more speed in a machine make it faster, more torque in a machine does nothing. You can use special gears to transfer speed and torque to the other type but with a cost of efficency.

The first machine you need to make is a grinder. Beware the fact that the DC does not produces enough power so you will need a steam engine that is powered by Water and Heat. The heat does not matter, it just has to be a source of heat like lava or fire under the machine. Water can be put in manually or pumped in at the back. You also will need a 4:1 wooden gearbox. Beware that this does not make the machine go super fast. To complete a single operation it needs to take 24 seconds. The steam engine also has a temperature factor that can make it go explode.

"BUT WHY DO YOU NEED A GRINDER" You might ask. Well, its really useful. You know those macerators and grinders from other mods that double your ore? Well this machine when you add in most ores it actually triples them! Also that gearbox from earlier? It requires lubricant to stay functional. To make lubricant you need to process canola into the grinder.

To add more speed, first you need a fermenter. The fermenter is good in that you can power it with a DC electric engine so it does not require complex stuff. However adding a faster engine does make it faster. The machine needs water to run so be sure to fill it with water First, you need to make yeast. Add sugar at the top slot of the machine and dirt at the bottom and you should get yeast. Afterwards, add in plant matter(Can be leaves, wheat or sugar cane.)at the bottom and the yeast at the top to make sludge. Now, put the sludge into a furnace and you should get Ethanol Crystals.

Now, make a Gasoline Engine. Once you have your gasoline engine, simply put ethanol crystals in there and it should convert them into liquid ethanol that it can use as fuel.

oh god shaders do NOT like botania constructs, my shadows are flying all over the place

oh god shaders do NOT like botania constructs, my shadows are flying all over the place
go into the botania config and change shaders.enabled from true to false
if you don't do this then opening the lexica will blind you, mana pools will have artifacting, and spreaders will be made from water
among other errors

go into the botania config and change shaders.enabled from true to false
if you don't do this then opening the lexica will blind you, mana pools will have artifacting, and spreaders will be made from water
among other errors

I honestly didn't expect there to be such a thing in the config so I wouldn't have checked in a million years, thank you

I was trying to think of someplace to stash my stuff where the shaders wouldn't go berserk but this is infinitely easier

iv'e been debating setting a server up sometime
problem is i can't find a good server host and i don't know whether it should be modded or not
sorry for bump please don't hurt me

Host at home then consider a hosting service.

i don't know how to host from my computer/home and i doubt my stuffty laptop will handle it.
i have used hosting services before (mostly to play with friends)

I would love to host, issue is I have plenty of server/computing power, but sitting behind a firewall

I could host for you for a while.

is there even a difference between hosting from a computer and using a hosting service

Yes. The price, the connection, the processing power, and the user-friendlyness.

Home hosting is free without taking into consideration the electricity and ISP charge. The upload speed is usually lower in residential areas than in commercial areas, where hosting services are usually located. You can own a powerful PC or a stuff PC. Same goes for the hosting service although good quality services usually have good servers. Home hosting is very simple in terms of getting it up and ready. Hosting services have interfaces which can be easy to use like your own OS or loving bullstuff. Remote consoles are usually used for hostings but by "loving bullstuff" I mean interfaces so badly designed that they make your eyes bleed.

Holy stuff 6693 (actually it's 6694 now cuz of this post) posts on a Minecraft thread. I'm not hating I'm just saying wow!

Holy stuff 6693 (actually it's 6694 now cuz of this post) posts on a Minecraft thread. I'm not hating I'm just saying wow!
lol rip

pages*?

you're off by a factor of 15 bro