Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5778847 times)

Holy stuff 6693 (actually it's 6694 now cuz of this post) posts on a Minecraft thread. I'm not hating I'm just saying wow!

It's also the 2nd most viewed, rivaling Post real life pictures of yourself.

just went and tried the windows 10 version, just to see how different it was from the java version
and I must say, it's pretty terrible

• I was immediately hit with paid dlc adverts for skins/texture packs - could not find a way to use a custom texture pack
  • it doesn't use the skin file on record, so I had to upload mine, and it worked fine except for making a fully white head - not sure if the skin format changed for windows 10, or if this is to encourage buying premade skins?
  • in single player that was a fair amount of block lag every once in a while
  • couldn't find a place to change the keybinds/mouse sensitivity
  • looked like the game crashed when I clicked the exit world button, it just blackscreened for ages

I do not think my hardware would be causing the block lag, playing with nothing else running, using an i7, 16GB of ram, and an NVidia GTX 1080 (and running on a solid state drive)

I'm hoping the windows 10 version is scrapped or the java version retains development alongside the windows 10 version, preferably able to connect to eachother too

just went and tried the windows 10 version, just to see how different it was from the java version
and I must say, it's pretty terrible

• I was immediately hit with paid dlc adverts for skins/texture packs - could not find a way to use a custom texture pack
  • it doesn't use the skin file on record, so I had to upload mine, and it worked fine except for making a fully white head - not sure if the skin format changed for windows 10, or if this is to encourage buying premade skins?
  • in single player that was a fair amount of block lag every once in a while
  • couldn't find a place to change the keybinds/mouse sensitivity
  • looked like the game crashed when I clicked the exit world button, it just blackscreened for ages

I do not think my hardware would be causing the block lag, playing with nothing else running, using an i7, 16GB of ram, and an NVidia GTX 1080 (and running on a solid state drive)

I'm hoping the windows 10 version is scrapped or the java version retains development alongside the windows 10 version, preferably able to connect to eachother too

the windows 10 version is just a port of the pocket edition

there's literally no reason to use it unless you want to play cross-platform with some poor fool confined to the xbox version

I would say another reason would be if your computer blows and you can't run the standard version, but apparently that's not guaranteed to work

"Windows 10 Edition" is actually meant for Windows 10 tablets.

I knew it was basically the pocket edition, I just didn't realize how terrible that was
I was expecting it to be a bit better than having block lag in singleplayer and almost crashing

the nether is a big dutch oven

the nether is a big dutch oven
full of slightly undercooked beef

Did anyone play this before villager trading

me i joined in 1.2.5

it still feels like villager trading is somewhat new, but it's been in about 2/3 of the lifespan of the game

Played sometime between 1.4 and 1.6 beta, so quite some time.

I've been playing since the Halloween update that added the nether.