5 (14.3%)
Nobushi
3 (8.6%)
Orochi
1 (2.9%)
Shugoki
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: For Honor thread [OUT NOW!]  (Read 48814 times)

i used to get forgeted over by stage hazards and getting ganked but i think i've gotten a lot better
if two people try to get close to you, bait the second one into attacking you and just block them, you're revenge meter will go up like my richard when i win a 1v4

just avoid getting pushed into stage hazards idk what else to say about that, be aware of your surroundings

im not talking about any normal ass stage hazards you ever play that duel map that is just a loving bridge

forget that map

Hah! This game looks like skyrim. Will it be worth the buy after the beta?

Hah! This game looks like skyrim. Will it be worth the buy after the beta?

I loving wish Skyrim's combat was half as in-depth as For Honor. I honestly love this combat system, especially when im kicking bot ass because it feels visceral and heavy

not so much when you're getting ganked in online play but you take the good with the bad I guess

Yeah I watched my friend play it and god damn the combat is awesome

just play duel and only duel then
im getting a lot better with dealing with ganks
going turtle and trying to block all attacks fills revenge up so quickly then you go ham
still just annoyin gettin poked in the back by a random peacekeeper after a long duel with some raider

am i the only one who plays kensei in duels cause ive met like a thousand orochi and nobushi

i'd just like to thank you for being the one kensei on this planet because i prefer fighting them 100% more than orochi and nobushi

from what i've gathered from my rather limited playtime with only a few classes the game is inherently defensive. on reaction, all attacks can be parried or blocked and all guard breaks can be countered so its feasible to believe that really good players will be doing all that constantly like motherforgeters during ubisoft's inevitable push to make this an esport. im not sure if there is any game changing class with sublime offensive options in the works or in the roster already so feel free to correct me

I dont mind peace keepers damage, however she is certainly in need of FURTHER re-working.
The most popular PK attack seems to be shield break + 3 stab to chest. It has an obnoxiously large range which means heavy characters have absolutely no chance of escaping, as theyre backsteps are too short and their attacks are often too slow to cut her mid swing. This does about 50 - 60 damage which is up to about 2-3 bars of health.
On peace keepers side, she isnt too versatile, even though she is supposed to be, as that single attack combo is her only life line. There is no incentive to do anything other than the combo as everything else hits like wet toilet paper.
If she tries a grab, shes forgeted. If she tries leaning on the offensive side, she gets forgeted. If she uses regular heavy / light attack combos she will get forgeted or spend 5 minutes attacking and frantically dodging.
She has one viable attack on a level playing field.

I meann.... but thats just my opinion bro....

am i the only one who plays kensei in duels cause ive met like a thousand orochi and nobushi
how do you play kensei i suck ass as him

how do you play kensei i suck ass as him
a lot of what i do is real basic stuff like parrying and counter-guard breaking as much as i possibly can for those free punishes. a lot of his real good ass moves are in his dash like his dash guard break which has a loving obscene range and his dash forward light attack which is loving quick so thats a mixup. if you throw someone against a wall you can hit them for 40% because your top heavy special counts gb/throw as two hits in the combo so you can do that for free. if you throw someone in general you can cancel your top heavy into an uninterruptible side heavy so if people dodge or try to hit you first that is also a mixup. he has the liberty of staying at range because of the aforementioned range on his options so make use of it and remember he can walk backward and attack at the same time by doing s plus attack but that seems universal. normally i just poke people to death with dash attacks
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:26:10 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

Nobushi is the most bullstuff overpowered class there is.

Long ass loving stick with insane reach, check.

Poison damage? Check

Incredibly fast insane combos? Check.

invincibility hit frames? Check

Dominates in both long and short ranges? Check

Weaboo friendly for the anime fans that collect fedoras and katanas? Check.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:48:15 AM by King Tøny »