Author Topic: RTB Premium Service  (Read 16696 times)

Id cross out the last one. I would find it handy for most clans, however, there should be a limit on how many people can be in a single chat server, like 10 to 5.

I would actually pay for a private server to build on lol.
people who pay basically wouldn't spam and annoy, they actually have something to lose.
long term projects would be taken more seriously by the handful of people in it, and it would be on different grounds then a clan project, random people are fun to play with on large things.
would be sweet

That could be a possibility if you could round up enough members to split the cost of a dedicated server. There are a multitude of companies out there offering gaming servers; I'm sure if the money were there they'd be happy to setup a BL server or two. The "clan" or "group" would have to have a single ID dedicated to it for the purpose of hosting the server. The server themes and administration would have to be decided upon by the group vote I suppose.

I'm up for that idea if we can get enough people to support it. Send me a PM if anyone attempts it.

I wouldn't be suprised if half the people that said "I will donate" actually wont.

Yes I know im mean but its true.

Not to be a bit ironic here but I would donate if it occured. I would say up to $20.

Can't I activate a prepaid credit card on paypal or something and then use that?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:35:05 PM by Grumpy »

Private pay to use rtb servers would be great.
Even better if excusive content by ephi and such was only used on them.
Its not unfair to non buyers. Its basically like a dues_paid clan project.
and it would support the price and effort of rtb development further.

I was always hoping for the day when this stuff began.
It would encourage clans to take things up a notch as well, with real servers that currenly don't exist.
And once mujltiple clans have paid servers, and serious members with goals;
Real clan compitition will have a point

ATF clan kinda has a BL dedi.

But its not really a blockland clan lawl.

ATF clan kinda has a BL dedi.
heuh

They host for good servers only, and as far as I know only Diggy and I are the only ones.

To be quite honest, I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented already.

Something you should definitely consider is a chat client for RTB that lets you talk on your clan chat, or otherwise just do RTB communication stuff outside of blockland.

when you start to implement things like clan chat features into RTB, it just seems silly to keep it within blockland only.

I support this idea, and would pay but...

The only problem is whether I'll actually be able to make any payment because I don't have my own credit/debit card and my parents hate paying for stuff online.

I understand why, but I am a bit surprised that so many people are willing to pay more than the original game's price for a mod.  I do think you deserve it, though.

i wouldnt pay for monthly but i would pay for one time

I would pay monthly for it if I found the benefits deserving of it. But a lot of people on BL don't have much money and can't pay for it. Maybe you could make it so that it is around $5 a month and $50 a year?

Also, while some of those benefits are good (Clan chat room especially along with larger image host) there needs to be a few more really "good" advantages. Maybe premium members could have access to a special board on the RTB forums where they could talk to you about ideas and you could leak ideas early for them. The only problem I see with that is that people would spam ideas and possibly leak info to the rest of Blockland.

Ability to create a chat room on RTB Connect for your clan/whatever

Well, you can already do that on irc..

Well, you can already do that on irc..

IRC is gone as of v4.

I wouldn't be suprised if half the people that said "I will donate" actually wont.

Yes I know im mean but its true.

Not to be a bit ironic here but I would donate if it occured. I would say up to $20.

Can't I activate a prepaid credit card on paypal or something and then use that?

I'm sure a bunch of people will decide not to when the time comes, and probably a few people who haven't even posted may decide they want to. I'd use PayPal/Amazon so I assume prepaid cards would work.

To be quite honest, I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented already.

Something you should definitely consider is a chat client for RTB that lets you talk on your clan chat, or otherwise just do RTB communication stuff outside of blockland.

when you start to implement things like clan chat features into RTB, it just seems silly to keep it within blockland only.

I may put together a web client and/or a pidgin plugin for people to use RTB Connect outside of the game.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:07:11 AM by Ephialtes »

Ephi, you should just slap a donation box on the site and see what it brings in.

IRC is gone as of v4.

Wait WHAT?! Please do an in-depth explaination.
I may put together a web client and/or a pidgin plugin for people to use RTB Connect outside of the game.

TELEPATHY O_o.  Lol jk I know that's not what you meant.