My Reasons for Being Atheist

Author Topic: My Reasons for Being Atheist  (Read 16843 times)

Brb, making a new religion.
I believe in Craftism.

Because Notch randomly generated the world.

Brb, making a new religion.

You mean cult? Yeah we have those too.

Funfact; most cults become a religion like Scientology.

Because Notch randomly generated the world.
The world is not actually randomly generated, computers are horrible at generating random numbers, if you provide the same original number, the same number will result. The seed you get is grabbed from the computer clock's time.  :cookieMonster:

Quoting from the original post:

TL;DR:
RELIGION MAKES NO SENSE. YOU HAVE TO BE ON DRUGS TO BELIVE IT AND EVERY LAW OF SCIENCE AND LOGIC DEFIES IT.

The OP assumes that God is limited by science. However, from Christian belief, God created the universe and therefore every existing scientific law and principle. In short, God is limitless by definition. If he was able to be limited, there must be something more powerful than God and, therefore, he would not be God.

Because God is limitless, as previously defined by the religion OP is refuting, he is not restrained by the same laws and physics as we are. He is then quite capable of destroying or creating matter, as well as occupying nothingness. In this aspect, the Christian definition of God is reasonable.

As for the posters talking about how religion should not be discussed on an online forum, I'll state that a forum is a public place to have discussions. As long as the discussion is reasonable, and not simply condescending and negative, I personally see no problem in having a topic about religion. However, since several people have the opinion that religion should not be discussed, they are also in their full rights to post whatever opinion suits them as well. Since there is no existing rule against speaking about religion, we are all entitled to post our thoughts on the topic at hand.

It was my understanding that with out science we would still believe the earth was the center of the universe and the planets revolved around earth by giant angels.

Science made the world a much better place and to this day the death count is far less now that christians don't do anymore mass killings over a belief.

It was my understanding that with out science we would still believe the earth was the center of the universe and the planets revolved around earth by giant angels.

Science made the world a much better place and to this day the death count is far less now that christians don't do anymore mass killings over a belief.
Science is indeed a good thing, but I don't see how people think scientists' sole duty is to disprove religion.

Science is indeed a good thing, but I don't see how people think scientists' sole duty is to disprove religion.

Religion is indeed a good thing, but I don't see how people think religion is the sole purpose to start wars.

Many ask me why I'm Atheist. I'll tell you why, it's only common sense. But if that's an invalid reason here's an essay.

People have to be on crack to believe that bullstuff about life after death...
I stopped there. I'm not going to bother reading the rest. You're an ignorant little peice of stuff, who just wants attention for been something that so many other's claim to be. If you really are an atheist, then keep your loving opinion to yourself. If you're a handicapped skeptic, then don't apss off as atheist and give everyone who doesn't believe in a deity a bad name. Stop being a little stuff. You don't have to be on drugs to think there's a greater power, so stop insulting people use drugs too.

PS. I probably come off as a christian in the begining sentences, but I'm not.

TL;DR: Shut the forget, stop attention whoring, and get on with life.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:04:44 PM by Ryuu »

Why can't people on these forums be as chill as an Atheist I know in real life? This guy respects people's beliefs, I'm a Muslim and he encourages me to join Islamic Friday prayer groups at my school. My mental jaw dropped when he first did that.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:13:49 PM by Mr.Interceptor »

Why can't people on these forums be as chill as an Atheist I know in real life? This guy respects people's beliefs, and he encourages me to join Friday prayer groups at my school. My mental jaw dropped when he first did that.

Atheists don't have friday prayer groups.

Why can't people on these forums be as chill as an Atheist I know in real life? This guy respects people's beliefs, and he encourages me to join Friday prayer groups at my school. My mental jaw dropped when he first did that.
I really try to respect other peoples beliefs even if I get bashed. =I

Atheists don't have friday prayer groups.
He meant the guy told him to join one because the guy think's it'll help him. Learn2Context :)

I really try to respect other peoples beliefs even if I get bashed. =I
This.

Apperently, Buddhism in my school is like worshiping Satan. :(

He meant the guy told him to join one because the guy think's it'll help him. Learn2Context :)
Yeah.

He should word it better.