Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 205316 times)

Okay I just figured out that it also does this when not hosting dedicated.

You uploaded 3 empty files, lol.

I think I missed where this might have been answered, but is map cycle not gonna happen?

I think I missed where this might have been answered, but is map cycle not gonna happen?
I still want to do a build/gamemode cycle but I just don't have time right now.

Try again haha.

you know what would be awesome, maybe as an external add-on?

countdowns, voice acting, pre-round buildup.

at the beginning of every match, players are locked in place in third person, and a voice counts down from 5 (though the timer can, feasibly, go much higher) to 'go', at which point all players are given control of their characters and chaos ensues

then there can be announcements for time- minutes, seconds. "1 minute remaining!" "2 minutes remaining!" "3 minutes remaining!" with some randomization between voice clip selection, culminating in another 5 second countdown to "GAME!"

you know what would be awesome, maybe as an external add-on?

countdowns, voice acting, pre-round buildup.

at the beginning of every match, players are locked in place in third person, and a voice counts down from 5 (though the timer can, feasibly, go much higher) to 'go', at which point all players are given control of their characters and chaos ensues

then there can be announcements for time- minutes, seconds. "1 minute remaining!" "2 minutes remaining!" "3 minutes remaining!" with some randomization between voice clip selection, culminating in another 5 second countdown to "GAME!"
give me 5-1.wav and "GAME".wav and i'll code it
but since its just a DM i'll do it with regular gamemodes, unless you want Slayer

give me 5-1.wav and "GAME".wav and i'll code it
but since its just a DM i'll do it with regular gamemodes, unless you want Slayer

I will handle the coding. I just need audio files.

i'll get you them tommorow

i can voice act, by the way. is pretty good!

get the code done tonight? we can test on my server.

bushido always having the brilliant ideas.

I was thinking about this since the chat messages dont really register too well. Also adding an option to adjust how the chat messages are formatted would be cool as well.

what might also be neat would be a more generalized, modular way to *choose* which sound you want to have announced for every event

for instance, when the announcer says "5", you could select between multiple announcers- should they be released, probably just as a soundpack- to play. good for things like themed deathmatches; different announcers for different situations, you see.

also allows for more fluidity and less ambiguity on the announcer's side: for a normal TDM the 'go' message could just be 'go!', but for things like capture the flag it could be 'capture the flag!' or 'secure the intelligence!' or (in a much vaguer vein) 'capture the objective!'

for the sake of saving time, preset announcer sets- you know, pre-baked groups. easier to manage.

For the sake of time I'll just stick with the 5 4 3 2 1 GO for now. Working on it right now.

For the sake of time I'll just stick with the 5 4 3 2 1 GO for now. Working on it right now.
thats cheap.
what you should do is use a clever combination of files to make up to 100 using only 20 files.

that's also cheap

we are in an age of full voice acting and you're piecing together stuff from scraps

Finished with the basic countdown and player freezing stuff. The audio should be really easy but I'll do it in the morning. Goodnight!

sounds http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=211821.0
_eu_1minute.wav
_eu_3minute_Sound
_eu_5minute_Sound.wav
_eu_30second.wav
1.wav
2.wav
3.wav
4.wav
5.wav
6.wav
7.wav