Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604418 times)

lol the code
yeah you'll like never guess the code

suggestion: randomly choose between this gameplay style and the old one

suggestion: randomly choose between this gameplay style and the old one
I'm convinced this one is an upgrade over the old format, and nobody has put forth a good argument to refute me.

My stance on the matter is that in a game of boss battles, the way to win should be to kill the boss. Running away for 8 minutes is anticlimactic, not something to celebrate. The point was originally a way to deal with people sitting in the spawn room. This issue has since been fixed. The time limit was just there to keep rounds from going on too long. Originally, normals usually won when time ran out because they together had more points than the boss alone, and there wasn't a setting to actually declare a specific winner when it ran out. It just sorta became the norm that normals won when the time ran out, and the boss won when the point was captured.

For the boss, however, both of these things are frustrating, because when you go after the point, that one remaining jerk would boot you off then run away if you tried to go after him, and you had to decide to either stick with the point and risk being kicked off again, or give chase and risk not catching him before the timer ran out. Then it becomes infuriating when you hunt him down in the last 5 seconds only to find there was still some AFK guy in the spawn. Now, the boss only has to worry about killing people and not being killed. If one guy decides to leg it when his team is dead, he'll lose. The boss may be able to run for for his life when he has low health, but if he hasn't killed enough of the opposition, that'd be futile.

Another idea behind the point was that it'd bring the last few players near the boss to help him finish them off. This was when there was an eject button they'd have to hit while dangerously close. That button was another frustrating element, which is ultimately why we removed it. The new system basically does the same thing the other way around - it brings the boss dangerously close to a group of normal players. The difference is less frustration for both sides, because the normals aren't actually forced to capture the point to win, and the boss doesn't automatically lose if it is captured.

The bottom line is the timer now makes the game more about fighting the boss (or "boss battles" if you will), and the point now serves as its own unique gameplay mechanic rather than simply being a cheap solution to an annoying problem.

Name: Homer4me (Plz not real name)
BL_ID: Name: Homer4me
BL_ID: 86262
Who recommends you?: no one
Why should I accept you? (Please elaborate): I'm a great friend and helper. I love giving idea's when I can think of ones people might like. I only ban on occasions. I will take ANY cautions if needed. I'm a active member , I'll be on when i can.
GMT: Mid-West

Yours truly Homer4me.

Why should I accept you? (Please elaborate): I'm a great friend and helper. I love giving idea's when I can think of ones people might like. I only ban on occasions. I will take ANY cautions if needed. I'm a active member , I'll be on when i can.

Yours truly Homer4me.

I don't think the admins would even spend any time to review this.

Yours truly Homer4me.

vetoed
sounds good.

Why you use him as a candle

In regards to RTB hosting shutting down, me and Jetz will be looking into hosting on a VPS while donation funds last.

A Proposition to Solve Two Problems

1) Lack of funds
2) Annoying miniboss use

What we do is simply charge people $1 for every miniboss they use, they must set up an account linked to paypal that immediately transfers the funds. If this is implemented, based on the current miniboss use, we can calculate the average monthly profit.

Assuming there is an average of 2 minibosses each round, and each round is around 7 min as to calculate conservatively.

Thats about 8 rounds an hour so, 192 rounds per day. Approx. 5,760 rounds per month so about $11,520 per month which is probably enough to pay Jetz and keep the server running. 

No, Gizmo, stop gizmo.

Approx. 5,760 rounds per month so about $11,520 per month which is probably enough to pay Jetz and keep the server running. 
That's absurd. I don't even take half as much as that each month!

A VPS isn't as efficient for hosting as RTB was, but perhaps if we get something like that set up it'll last us until a better option shows itself. We have other fallback plans but this looks like the best one for now.

Constructor's turrets can't crit and if crits are active you can't rocket jump or sticky jump without taking bonus damage.

Seems like CBM Hosting is the only one standing right now. Hopefully they can stay up, and open more slots.