Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604879 times)

Looking back I feel bad about how stuffty the spawn-room is and the spaceship model. I might redo one or both.
Don't be so hard on yourself, the spawn room and ship are both really well made. I understand that you've improved your skills even further since then though, so if you feel up to it I'll happily accept any upgrades to the current build.

Just an idea....

I believe that a new class, the magician, could be a possibility. This is a miniboss, with the speed of a Firebug, and has several abilities. The power to block the center of the screen for the boss (like Amade's Elemental Powers), fire that can burn the boss, but at close range, and a water power, that blows the boss back at the velocity of maybe 10, or 15. And possibly a earth tool, that can throw rocks? I am not sure. I would price this at about 4500 points.

love this server, but i'm hardly ever boss and it gets boring just playing as a normal after a while

I was really hoping people would be into the idea of Boss special attacks, but it looks like people want us to go back and touch up the normal classes first.

love this server, but i'm hardly ever boss and it gets boring just playing as a normal after a while
The chance as boss is increases the more you damage the boss.

The chance as boss is increases the more you damage the boss.

But that would mean that good players will be the boss near all most of the time if they are consistent on damaging the boss. Should just be randomized imo.

But that would mean that good players will be the boss near all most of the time if they are consistent on damaging the boss. Should just be randomized imo.
As long as you keep damaging the boss, the way we have it set up ensures you will get a turn. If it was random, there would be no such assurance. I can usually jump into the minigame and become the boss in 3-5 rounds.

I can usually jump into the minigame and become the boss in 3-5 rounds.
you just contradicted yourself

you just contradicted yourself
No I didn't. If you're better, you get to be the boss more often. This statistic indicates I am better than most people.

Little preview of the new ship, im going to raise it later to do more work on the bottom though.

Picture is now outdated btw

Also,
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=245320.0
An older version of this made it spawn the projectiles from a brick. I don't think it would be to hard to set it back this way. I was thinking there could be an edited version of this. A one time artillery launcher. That spawns projectiles half way between some cannons on the ship and the build. This would create the effect that a ray-casting sniper rifle has of seeing the projectile hit than the trail. Except make it seem like the ship was the rifle. Also it would make it seem much bigger than it really was. The item would have to make the certain bricks make the emitter though. The sound could just be applied to the mini-game since those cannons would be so damn loud.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:26:06 PM by Bester Bageler »

Name: Alive
BL_ID: 41373

Previous administration experience: Tetronaught's Jailbreak, Sanctus Rem's AOKE Grapple Knife, Altar's Jailbreak, []Falcon[]'s Grapple Knife, and many other servers (outside of BL).

Who recommends me: Kalim, Zuki (would like to see me in action), Ipq, Sirgir, General R, and Johnny Blockhead.

Why should you accept me?  I have been a member of Boss Battles since the beginning of Hangar. I know almost all of the admins, and had some fun with them. I think I know the major values of the server, and enjoy it very much. I offer, and have more experience with the administration class then the average BL user applying. I am friendly to users, and admins alike. When the users asks a question, I answer them honestly. I am very active on the server, going on for at least 2 hours every day. This means I can cover while the other admins on are AFK, or goofing around. For example, at 1:00 A.M (Eastern) on Friday, no admins were on, and the server was at the top of the list. If I took a step up to admin, I would be joyful, because I spend so much time and effort into this game, giving me admin would mean you give me your trust. And I like trust. I am loyal, and will play even more if I do get admin, to make sure the server stays calm. I know I could help when there is not someone that can watch over.

Timezone/Region: Eastern, USA
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:27:44 PM by Alive »

I was really hoping people would be into the idea of Boss special attacks, but it looks like people want us to go back and touch up the normal classes first.

Touch up how?

Make them not TF2 expies?