Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 80231 times)

Well. If death isn't that much of a punishment because you get respawned n like 30 secs. At least don't give the advantage to look and whatever they want without a limit.
Angels can see.

Also I was in the beta for v3, will the server always be passworded?

Also see if you can do anything about that exploit with camera events where you can set your camera to "free" on two bricks named the same thing, and effectively go into admin camera mode.

I remember that was a problem in Wicked's CityRPG

Also see if you can do anything about that exploit with camera events where you can set your camera to "free" on two bricks named the same thing, and effectively go into admin camera mode.

I remember that was a problem in Wicked's CityRPG
I won't be using Camera Events.

Angels can see.

Also I was in the beta for v3, will the server always be passworded?
No. That wont be necessary after it's running.

I won't be using Camera Events.

Oh haha I forgot it wasn't default

And clients joining multiple times to multiply mining power?

That's actually a not-terrible idea, but the amount of logic and game-hacking needed to get bodies to stick around with proper garbage collection is a bit iffy.

Still, bodies would be fantastic for the clue system.

What about an inventory bag item that drops when a player dies? If you use it the bag will drop it's contents on the ground. Or if you hold onto the bag item it can be taken to either a black market to be sold for cash if you are a criminal, or taken to a Lost and Found for a small reward, where it can then be picked up by the original owner.

Is it actually coming out of beta, or just entering a later stage?

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Every time -_-

Oh haha I forgot it wasn't default

BanManagerSO has been rigged to not allow multiple BL_IDs. Until I have a better solution for this, brothers/sisters/friends won't be able to play at the same time. This is deeply regrettable because I like the idea of siblings playing with each other in the server and doing stupid stuff like forming gangs. I had a big thing for roleplaying when I was a kid, lol.

What about an inventory bag item that drops when a player dies? If you use it the bag will drop it's contents on the ground. Or if you hold onto the bag item it can be taken to either a black market to be sold for cash if you are a criminal, or taken to a Lost and Found for a small reward, where it can then be picked up by the original owner.
I don't have a dedicated modeler, and the more GUIs I have to make the longer stuff takes to get done.

Is it actually coming out of beta, or just entering a later stage?
It will be leaving Beta upon completion of the Mayor and Profiteer. Expect a lot of bugs.

BanManagerSO has been rigged to not allow multiple BL_IDs. Until I have a better solution for this, brothers/sisters/friends won't be able to play at the same time. This is deeply regrettable because I like the idea of siblings playing with each other in the server and doing stupid stuff like forming gangs. I had a big thing for roleplaying when I was a kid, lol.

Perhaps a BL_ID based username/password system?

For some reason, I think I remember some version of CityRPG having this, but I cannot even remember if it was made by you or not.

If I remember how the old CityRPG worked, however, that probably would need alot more work rewriting save systems than it is likely worth.

I have a nifty multi-clienting preventer with an exception system if you'd like.
It's currently being used on Pecon7's server.

Perhaps a BL_ID based username/password system?

For some reason, I think I remember some version of CityRPG having this, but I cannot even remember if it was made by you or not.

If I remember how the old CityRPG worked, however, that probably would need alot more work rewriting save systems than it is likely worth.
I have that, it is called DarkRPG, and it wasn't a CityRPG.

I have a nifty multi-clienting preventer with an exception system if you'd like.
It's currently being used on Pecon7's server.
How does it work?

That's actually a not-terrible idea, but the amount of logic and game-hacking needed to get bodies to stick around with proper garbage collection is a bit iffy.

Still, bodies would be fantastic for the clue system.

Ask []----[]

How does it work?
When someone connects, even before the onjoin message appears, it checks if the person is alreasy on the server and not on the exception list. If there are 2 on the sever and not on the exception list, the first client is kicked. This is to prevent people who have crashed not being able to play.
Exceptions are added/removed through servercmds and writes to a log in config/server.

Yeah, that's how everyone else does their Client GUI checks. I have mine wired in through BanManagerSO so it works fluidly with default game functions.

Exceptions are for server host and Badspot. They can join without GUIs. BanManagerSO::isBanned is not called on ID 0.

Yeah, that's how everyone else does their Client GUI checks. I have mine wired in through BanManagerSO so it works fluidly with default game functions.

Exceptions are for server host and Badspot. They can join without GUIs. BanManagerSO::isBanned is not called on ID 0.
I'm talking about multiclienting, not checking if the client has the required GUI's.