GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140848 times)

How did Siba's not get approved before these ones?
When were these submitted?
omfg im a dipstuff

In that case just pull a water bricks and have them ignore normal brick collision. Zone Bricks pulled it off, so it SHOULD be possible.
Any possibility of being able to build slightly inside the brick like the old terrain did? Perhaps on the slope bits? A pref, too, maybe, as some may not like it always?
If I can figure it out then I would like to implement that feature. Right now you can somewhat build on the ramps, but you would have to make a base from the ground. Do zone bricks allow the bricks to "float" so you can plant them on the ramps?

Well JVS using the seperate name is well, indeed a questionable thing.
But i expected better of you Ghost.
If you want to give this mod a bit more of a default feeling, i would highly suggest fixing the tab name and add-on name.

And other bricks would serve another purpose thus probably fitting under any other tab.
I don't want to search a tab for a brick because the author decided to put all his bricks under his own tab.

I know, this might sound like i am annoying you with something small and i won't nag anymore about it, but i just want to make my opinion clear against such things.
Alright, if it really is an issue then I'll change it in the next update. I'm just waiting for RTB to accept the add-ons, and then I'll fix this as well as other issues.

Do zone bricks allow the bricks to "float" so you can plant them on the ramps?
Zone bricks literally create zones, which are default thingies of torque/blockland.
Basically, yes.

The Only Reason you can build in ZoneBricks is that the brick datablocks has

isWaterBrick = true;

this allows you to build inside just like a regular water brick.

The Only Reason you can build in ZoneBricks is that the brick datablocks has

isWaterBrick = true;

this allows you to build inside just like a regular water brick.

really?
well stuff, TIL

Add collisions to the F bricks. Otherwise you clip through them in a vehicle and they are no different than the default big bricks (aside from side prints).

If I get these, I'm GOING to remove GSF from the file names. Cant stand name labeling.
But these are cool.

I got the idea because of JVS content, it was not for egotistical reasons. Plus, I might be releasing more bricks, not just terrain, so everything would be grouped under the GSF tab.
Oh ok, yeah I used Blender to calculate the normals for me. I checked them before and didn't find problems, but I'll check again.
JVS was it's own set of stuff that was completely different from anything already released.  It was a set of content that could be modified and stuff.  It was a separate set of mods with unique properties that all work together.  It makes sense for JVS to have it's own name.  (The name chosen could be questioned but who cares)

YOU made bricks.  Bricks have been made for a long time, they are not different from anything already made and there's nothing special about them.  They're just bricks, they don't need their own brand.

This fixes the only issue I have with v21. Thank you.

Can these be saved as terrain? IE Players cannot break them, but can build on them?

Hmmmmmm

Would it be at all possible to have these bricks act like terrain, letting you build other bricks partially inside them?

So ideaget:

The way terrain works right now is that it's like bunches of hills melded together.
Have a modular set piece that's like a brick-made hill, not like siba/soba's ramp, but rather a cube terrain like piece.

And have a mod that turns off bricks INSIDE bricks but makes no floating bricks.

So you have a bunch of hills and you can mold them together, with the occasional mountain (if there's a set piece like that).

And make a "BASE" (16x16, 32x32, or 64x64 cube) that behaves like the set pieces. Then build on top of that and have it behave normally.

Same idea :D
But wait-

It's impossible with how the game engine functions.
Damn. :c