Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140825 times)

AWESOME!
Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

yay now it eaisier for me to map!
Im gonna make the coolest terrain and build the coolest houses and stuff inside the terrain!

Wait so how do I use them, just drag them in the add-ons folder or C:\Users\NAMEHERE\Documents\Blockland\base\data\bricks ?????

Apart from all the lighting issues and missing some important bricks, this seems to work pretty well.
Also you should be able to build on ramps like real terrain.

JVS was it's own set of stuff that was completely different from anything already released.  It was a set of content that could be modified and stuff.  It was a separate set of mods with unique properties that all work together.  It makes sense for JVS to have it's own name.  (The name chosen could be questioned but who cares)

YOU made bricks.  Bricks have been made for a long time, they are not different from anything already made and there's nothing special about them.  They're just bricks, they don't need their own brand.
And I already decided to change it...

This fixes the only issue I have with v21. Thank you.

Can these be saved as terrain? IE Players cannot break them, but can build on them?
No problem. :)
It can't be saved like regular terrain; it just acts like bricks. I made it so that it can be easily modified, i.e., if you don't like a hill you can just hammer it and remake it.

Apart from all the lighting issues and missing some important bricks, this seems to work pretty well.
Also you should be able to build on ramps like real terrain.
Thanks; do you know which bricks have lighting issues? Like is it the ramps, inverted ramps, joints, etc.?

Siba's Terrain bricks feel way more default and the textures work much better than the textures on these :U
(Kinda disappointing people will probably use these instead because they're made by GSF)

Siba's Terrain bricks feel way more default and the textures work much better than the textures on these :U
(Kinda disappointing people will probably use these instead because they're made by GSF)
His bricks are out already on RTB?

His bricks are out already on RTB?
No but he showed them to me on his server and there's a thread in General Modification Help

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=187656.0

Ok guys, the file names (as well as the bricks tab name) were changed. I also fixed a problem with the 4x JointB 1/2h Brick. Please redownload and delete the old files. Sorry for the frustration this caused.

Hey GSF, could you make a terrain ramp that is twice the height of the normal terrain ramp? Also one 1.5x as high?

Sure; I'm planning on releasing more bricks soon. Right now, I just want to figure out how to allow players to build on ramps, and then I can work on more brick packs.