GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 141647 times)

I just did something really cool with this
now can we see it without the unnecessary bad editing
i'd like to have an idea how it looks, you know, in game

They are transparent shades of black, and yeah it just uses a texture - that was the easiest solution. The other textures just have a slight transparency value to reduce "glowing."

Well, having any colors at all still makes it glow in the dark no matter the transparency.

Rotate them.
hurr durr durr.  That doesn't work if you need a certain brick to be on a certain side.  I shouldn't have to adjust the way I build because he didn't make his bricks properly.  Bricks should automatically have the right shading on all sides in relation to the map...

There was a print brick that pulled this off, but I can't find it. It was called double-sided print or something like that. Anyone have a link to it? I would like to apply this feature.
I know this isn't the same, but hopefully it's similar enough to pull it off?...
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=98071.0

hurr durr durr.  That doesn't work if you need a certain brick to be on a certain side.  I shouldn't have to adjust the way I build because he didn't make his bricks properly.  Bricks should automatically have the right shading on all sides in relation to the map...
Prints don't work that way.

It doesn't have to look ugly though.  It's just the way that he layed out the textures on the brick that makes it look so ugly. . . .
Fake edit: These also have very incorrect lighting..  I had some placed and I realized that they were lit from the wrong direction in relation to the map.  The brick studs and everything else in the map was lit on one side, while these terrain bricks were dark on that same side.  They're completely reversed.
Prints don't work that way.
Yeah, the prints don't maintain their positing like regular brick studs. Also, texture layout (the texture alignment for all bricks will be aligned to the 4x cube) and lighting problems will be fixed in the next update (I found out what the issue was with the normals).

I know this isn't the same, but hopefully it's similar enough to pull it off?...
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=98071.0
I tried that add-on, but you can't apply different textures to the sides. :/ I'll keep looking for that print brick to see how they did it.

Well, having any colors at all still makes it glow in the dark no matter the transparency.
Oh okay, well I can make the other textures monochromatic for the update if that would help.

It could be the texture; did you already have a texture applied to the brick after having those problems?
Just an A on the brick, nothing more. Further investigation, it appears to happen only with the 32x bricks.

I know that prints don't work that way >_>   I'm not talking about the prints.  I'm talking about the actual shading on the brick.  Like which brick faces are dark and which ones are light.  When you place a 1x1 brick, one side is dark, one is darker, one side is light, and one is lighter.  When you place one of these terrain cubes, the opposite sides are darker/lighter so they don't match up with default bricks.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:09:31 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

the future of Blockland is here....

and it's not a new torque map, it's big ass bricks

Oh okay, well I can make the other textures monochromatic for the update if that would help.

This would be really great. But don't use any form of color, not even white or it will glow.

Stupid temporary images...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:12:07 AM by BlockoCrafter »