GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140852 times)

No, I mean flipping the height with the length.

Hm, you seem to have lost me here...

Also, I'll upload a plain copy of my island for all to use! :3

Hm, you seem to have lost me here...
OK. Basically, a 67.5º slope, 4x2x4 in dimensions.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:01:48 AM by BlockoCrafter »

OK. Basically, a 62.5º slope, 4x2x4 in dimensions.

Right! Now you've got me! Yeah, I second this.

Also,

Kniaz Isle

Download Here

People were saying they liked my island when I hosted, and while I'm not willing to hand out the build ontop of it, I'll gladly give you the island.

Perhaps this is what mappers will do now? Create builds using modular terrain bricks and hand them out in a save format...

Perhaps this is what mappers will do now? Create builds using modular terrain bricks and hand them out in a save format...

That's what I always thought would happen.

Wow, the lighting in that screenshot looks really forgeted up.

Making race tracks has never been easier :3

Wow, the lighting in that screenshot looks really forgeted up.

Yeah, there's something a bit odd about the normals, plus the prints have a 'glow' to them which doesn't really help either.
I've got my hopes it'll be fixed in an update so I can use my island at night s:

Wow, the lighting in that screenshot looks really [bad].
Yeah, there's something a bit odd about the normals, plus the prints have a 'glow' to them which doesn't really help either.
I've got my hopes it'll be fixed in an update so I can use my island at night s:
The normals are already fixed for the update, but I'm still need to fix the prints.

Sweet, I look forward to it!
With the road bricks, perhaps have them all heights and fall under a new sub-heading? Like how you've got the 4* section and 8* section, perhaps you should have a road section?

And thankyou (:
Good idea, I'll have a separate section for the roads.

OK. Basically, a 62.5º slope, 4x2x4 in dimensions.
Let me get the updates out first, and then I'll work on more brick packs.

Let me get the updates out first, and then I'll work on more brick packs.
Cool!

Also, I meant 67.5º not 62.5.

Nice! I look forward to it!

Also, with the textures, I've been experimenting around with it to stop it from glowing, the best results I've gotten is making the texture grey and transparent. For the most part it seems to work.

EDIT:

Could you possibly script into the terrain bricks that they're baseplates so they aren't cleared with the /clearspambricks command? It's probably some obvious sort of variable like isbaseplate= 1;

No idea, really- I've never made bricks before haha
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:22:13 AM by Kniaz »

Damn fine job, Ghost. With the V21 update coming these will be an incredibly valuable asset.

Kudos to thee. :D

>midway sentinel
an incredibly valuable asset.
>instantly think of halo: reach

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:22:48 PM by The Titanium »

I made Building prints, would you please post them in your thread?

Check them out here
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=188374.0

I made Building prints, would you please post them in your thread?
-pic- -pic-

Check them out here
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=188374.0
Sure, that would be great. The only problem is that when the update comes out, all brick textures will be uniform with the 4x brick (they will no longer be stretched, but will repeat). For example:

Could you make them work with the 4x brick?

Also, do y'all like it better this way, or should I just change it back to how it used to be?

Damn fine job, Ghost. With the V21 update coming these will be an incredibly valuable asset.

Kudos to thee. :D

Nice! I look forward to it!

Also, with the textures, I've been experimenting around with it to stop it from glowing, the best results I've gotten is making the texture grey and transparent. For the most part it seems to work.

EDIT:

Could you possibly script into the terrain bricks that they're baseplates so they aren't cleared with the /clearspambricks command? It's probably some obvious sort of variable like isbaseplate= 1;

No idea, really- I've never made bricks before haha
Okay, I made the textures monochromatic and as transparent as possible, and it does seem to work much better. But, I tried making the bricks as baseplates, but it didn't work with the /clearspam bricks command.

Wait, if I did that, wouldn't it be "Print_1x1_Windows"? Nope

1x1 Editon: http://www.mediafire.com/?nk2ncxf4u7krups
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:45:17 PM by Counter98 »