GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 141701 times)

It's very necessary, corner of hills would be more helpful. The diagonal ramp is nice, but sometimes it's just odd. I hope you can make it.

I wondered this while at his server as well..

The left one would be helpful in some cases too.

The left one would be helpful in some cases too.
Like pyramids?

Like pyramids?
That, yes. But I just don't like the triangle space the diagonal corners leaves, I want a full bricks filled.

I'm thinking about having the inverted bricks as separate brick packs for the next update, would y'all mind this? I thought it would be a good idea - it gives you more options to disable unneeded bricks and thus use less datablocks. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to have more than one brick under a datablock?

That's awesome, you should release the save.
Thanks, I'm working on a couple builds to show off the terrain, when I'm done I'll release the saves.

It's very necessary, corner of hills would be more helpful. The diagonal ramp is nice, but sometimes it's just odd. I hope you can make it.
Okay, I'll add it for the next update.

GSF ghost you are awesome
i use this sooooooooooo much
you are by far one of the best add on makers ever

Okay, I'll add it for the next update.
Good, cause I'm in need of those for projects.

I don't like the fact that Script_ClearSpam detects the terrain bricks as spam and removes them.

It's probably useless with it enabled.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:54:37 PM by dargereldren »

Yeah, so do I. But, I like how the bricks feel more like modules as they are now - having the textures uniform. I'll put up a poll to see which one everyone prefers; both have their advantages.

-Edit: Nevermind, looks like I can only make a poll when I start a topic.

:C Why did you add it, if you don't like it?

Add .isBaseplate to every brick datablock (if you haven't already) so that it doesn't count as spam.

Add .isBaseplate to every brick datablock (if you haven't already) so that it doesn't count as spam.

Actually, I think it needs to be in the BASEPLATE category, or the add-on script needs to be modified.
Code: [Select]
%brickData = %brick.getDataBlock().getID();
         if(%brickData.category $= "Baseplates")
         {

Actually, I think it needs to be in the BASEPLATE category, or the add-on script needs to be modified.
Code: [Select]
%brickData = %brick.getDataBlock().getID();
         if(%brickData.category $= "Baseplates")
         {
I already tried making them baseplates and it didn't work. I think dargereldren is right, the script for the clearspam add-on needs to be modified. Is there a way to add two categories?

:C Why did you add it, if you don't like it?
Well, because it makes it easier to use and works better this way lol. I just don't like how distant bricks appear untextured, unlike when the textures were stretched on the bricks.