GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 141763 times)

haha thats pretty sweet.

YAY SOMEONE THAT CAN ACTUALLY DO IT RIGHT

Already been changed, please redownload.

Oh cool.

Also, the prints you added. Are they transparent shades of black that make the brick color look like the texture, or just the solid texture that glows in the dark?

It would also appear that the default brick stud texture uses a re-uploaded texture, ignoring and not using any special brick stud edits that you may be using. (I'm not sure if this was already fixed due to insufficient time to test it)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:47:32 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Vehicles go through the 32 half and regular when falling at an angle. I guess it cant be avoided since it does that with default bricks as well.

Guess ill make my race track out of a bunch of 16s.

I figured out how to allow players to build on ramps, but the problem is that if I include this, then there would no longer be build-restrictions within the brick. For instance, you can put floating bricks anywhere, even place them inside the ramps - which could be a problem. Also, there is an issue with some brick faces not rendering:

I prefer it this way by far regardless of such bugs.
If you can make it closer to how terrain behaved as opposed to being able to build anywhere inside them that'd be nice, but this in of itself is far better than incapability to build on ramps notwithstanding.

This is really ugly
Keep in mind this was made to deal with v21. It may look better when the update this was meant to accompany comes out.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:19:31 AM by The Titanium »

Keep in mind this was made to deal with v21. It may look better when the update this was meant to accompany comes out.
It doesn't have to look ugly though.  It's just the way that he layed out the textures on the brick that makes it look so ugly.  Rather than improving on the old terrain he made it look like the old terrain.  Gross, poor quality textures that are stretched out and warped over a bunch of sharply pointed planes.  (And it won't look better when the update comes.  These bricks may have shadows but the textures will still be stretched out.  Not only that but they will glow in the dark because Prints do that crap)

Fake edit: These also have very incorrect lighting..  I had some placed and I realized that they were lit from the wrong direction in relation to the map.  The brick studs and everything else in the map was lit on one side, while these terrain bricks were dark on that same side.  They're completely reversed.

I tried these ingame, and they look even better than the pictures!
Thanks Ghost!
No problem. :)

I agree with the wedge suggestion/request.
-pic-
My pretty path isn't looking that pretty so far...
Alright, point made. Wedge bricks will be added in the next update.

I just did something really cool with this
-pic-
-pic-
-pic-
Great use of the bricks! (and bloom) :)

Oh cool.

Also, the prints you added. Are they transparent shades of black that make the brick color look like the texture, or just the solid texture that glows in the dark?

It would also appear that the default brick stud texture uses a re-uploaded texture, ignoring and not using any special brick stud edits that you may be using. (I'm not sure if this was already fixed due to insufficient time to test it)
They are transparent shades of black, and yeah it just uses a texture - that was the easiest solution. The other textures just have a slight transparency value to reduce "glowing."

Vehicles go through the 32 half and regular when falling at an angle. I guess it cant be avoided since it does that with default bricks as well.

Guess ill make my race track out of a bunch of 16s.
Collision shapes will be added to the flat bricks in the next update to prevent that.

I prefer it this way by far regardless of such bugs.
If you can make it closer to how terrain behaved as opposed to being able to build anywhere inside them that'd be nice, but this in of itself is far better than incapability to build on ramps notwithstanding.
Yeah, I'll see if I can fix that.

Clean install, nothing but RTB and your bricks.
It could be the texture; did you already have a texture applied to the brick after having those problems?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:07:01 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Is it possible that you may be able to make these bricks be able to have more than one print on them?

Is it possible that you may be able to make these bricks be able to have more than one print on them?
It works the same way as paint.

So is it possible to remove some glowing by making some a bit more transparent?  I tried to host a city at night with a bunch of terrain bricks around the map and they were glowing in the dark.

There was a print brick that pulled this off, but I can't find it. It was called double-sided print or something like that. Anyone have a link to it? I would like to apply this feature.

So is it possible to remove some glowing by making some a bit more transparent?  I tried to host a city at night with a bunch of terrain bricks around the map and they were glowing in the dark.
Sure, I tried to find the right balance between the transparency and the texture resolution; I'll see if I can improve this.

That's awesome. On my favorite level too.

Fake edit: These also have very incorrect lighting..  I had some placed and I realized that they were lit from the wrong direction in relation to the map.  The brick studs and everything else in the map was lit on one side, while these terrain bricks were dark on that same side.  They're completely reversed.