GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140835 times)

No problem; that looks great.
Hey, weren't you also making your own game with your own terrain generation algorithm?

I thought i was a beta tester ;c
Sorry, you replied too late lol; I was getting ready for release and needed to test a.s.a.p.

Hey, weren't you also making your own game with your own terrain generation algorithm?
I was working on my own game, but at the time i was only using heightmaps. One of the main reasons for making a terrain generator for Blockland was to figure out custom algorithms, biomes, etc. to implement in my game (and of course, y'all get to enjoy the add-on as well). I still need to figure out how to make it infinitely variable though.

Sorry, you replied too late lol; I was getting ready for release and needed to test a.s.a.p.
I was working on my own game, but at the time i was only using heightmaps. One of the main reasons for making a terrain generator for Blockland was to figure out custom algorithms, biomes, etc. to implement in my game (and of course, y'all get to enjoy the add-on as well). I still need to figure out how to make it infinitely variable though.
Ah, I see. I'll be interested in how it turns out!

Well can i at least get the download link in a PM early before the release? Im not on the forums every day though i seems like i am i probbly do i just skim for new topics :p

Well can i at least get the download link in a PM early before the release? Im not on the forums every day though i seems like i am i probbly do i just skim for new topics :p
I can't give it out early, sorry. But, it'll be released very soon.

Ah, I see. I'll be interested in how it turns out!
Thanks. :) There are still some screenshots on page 46.

Update: Here is a preview of a new feature to be added to the terrain generator in the near future. Instead of just using seed values, you will have the option of setting custom height values for individual chunks. This will give the user greater influence on the generated landscape.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:41:24 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

That's fantastic!. Also is it possible to add an better(?) algorithm(?) for plate capping? Since all of it looks like its 4x4 plates. Last but not least would it be possible to fix trees from being planted over another tree. Also I have a idea for solid ground option if you want to save the brick count but want to be able to break a peice of terrain and so on. Why not use zones?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:06:07 PM by Zacks »

If it could be released onto rtb any second (saying it got accepted) then why haven't you put it on the topic?

That's fantastic!. Also is it possible to add an better(?) algorithm(?) for plate capping? Since all of it looks like its 4x4 plates. Last but not least would it be possible to fix trees from being planted over another tree. Also I have a idea for solid ground option if you want to save the brick count but want to be able to break a peice of terrain and so on. Why not use zones?
Thanks. :) I'm not sure what you mean about plate-capping. But, for detail bricks overlapping, that's based on how the brick is setup. Trees - such as from the ModTer Decor Pack - would require more advanced collision boxes, which is not possible right now. That's a good idea about using zones. I don't know if I can make the generator set them up for you, but I will add that to the OP.

If it could be released onto rtb any second (saying it got accepted) then why haven't you put it on the topic?
Pics and info are already posted on the OP. Unless you mean the RTB download link; I didn't post it just encase it doesn't get accepted (they don't allow building scripts which technically this is).

Update: The terrain generator will be released later today! If RTB does approve it later on, I strongly recommend everyone to redownload the RTB version.

Update: The terrain generator will be released later today! If RTB does approve it later on, I strongly recommend everyone to redownload the RTB version.

Yes!

Terrains are back baby!

I hope the release is soon, i wont be on later lol

I hope the release is soon, i wont be on later lol
I'll be releasing it in about 4 hours. :)

Since the custom height values GUI was quite easy to implement, it will be included in the release today. The manual has been updated to include it as well. Also, I'm thinking about posting the terrain generator in a new topic instead of overwhelming the OP in this one. What do y'all think?

I'm thinking about posting the terrain generator in a new topic instead of overwhelming the OP in this one. What do y'all think?
Yes.