Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2422025 times)

well i officially hate steam security now
since i use CCleaner a lot it resets my passwords/usernames and logs me out of stuff so i have to log back in and with steam, when i log in, it asks me for the code thing in my email. then when i log in it tradebans me for a week because i logged in from a 'new computer'

uncheck the reset passwords box

uncheck the reset passwords box
im doing that next time i use ccleaner

This might be my problem also, did it crash without errors for you to back when you had a stufftier one?

Mine crashed my entire computer, making me have to restart it. Temps were reaching 90+

loose cannon and eyelander demoman is rly good for vs hale

loose cannon and eyelander demoman is rly good for vs hale
+ tide turner for escaping after slashing.

Speaking of the eyelander, sometimes i would equip the Eyelander, the Sticky Jumper, and the Loose Cannon and i would go onto the snipers perch, hide behind the wall and place my mines, and then launch myself to the otherside. Snipers usually don't react fast enough and i can get 2 or 3 heads at a time

ugh this just drove me up the wall tonight

/begin_storytime_and_rant

So my friend Magnaflux gifted me a mann up ticket to use. I had it sitting in my steam inventory for like two months and hadn't used it, until today. I went and joined the map tiers with the tour represented by the stone statue of archimedes, and everything was going great and I spawned on Rottenburg to join a team as we all started a new map. As everyone knows, the best way to win Rottenburg is have everyone be an engineer (+ 1 scout for money collecting to allow engineers to do their upgrades), so I was naturally doing what I always do on Rottenburg, being an engineer. I set my stuff up after getting all the upgrades I could afford to get with $700, and then one of my teammates asked me to be a medic. I told him "no, it'd be more helpful if you guys were all engineers". So we got the round started and were doing quite well, I was getting lots of kills with my sentry while a guy named "General Douchebag" played a soldier, and some other guy was a heavy and another guy was a sniper, and another a spy, plus another engineer who wasn't doing a very good job and put his sentry in a bad spot.
We were steadily losing ground because the heavy, scout and soldier weren't putting out enough firepower and getting their butts kicked(as we could've easily gotten twice as much damage through some additional series of sentry guns), so we had to restart the round after a little bit.
Suddenly, as soon as the round restarted, "General Douchebag" started a vote to kick me from the server. I was completely dumbfounded, as my sentries were the reason we'd survived last round as long as we did, so I asked them why they were kicking me, but before I could ask, the vote finished, and I got kicked from the server.
Seriously, do not play Mann Up. The guys on there are selfish D-bags who only care about winning, and can't remember that it's JUST A GAME. Those morons would've been far better off with me than without me (as I was playing the most vital class, the Engineer).

Moral of the story: People who take video games too seriously are shallow morons.

/endrant
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:38:57 PM by Planr »

ugh this just drove me up the wall tonight

/begin_storytime_and_rant

So my friend Magnaflux gifted me a mann up ticket to use. I had it sitting in my steam inventory for like two months and hadn't used it, until today. I went and joined the map tiers with the tour represented by the stone statue of archimedes, and everything was going great and I spawned on Rottenburg to join a team as we all started a new map. As everyone knows, the best way to win Rottenburg is have everyone be an engineer (+ 1 scout for money collecting to allow engineers to do their upgrades), so I was naturally doing what I always do on Rottenburg, being an engineer. I set my stuff up after getting all the upgrades I could afford to get with $700, and then one of my teammates asked me to be a medic. I told him "no, it'd be more helpful if you guys were all engineers". So we got the round started and were doing quite well, I was getting lots of kills with my sentry while a guy named "General Douchebag" played a soldier, and some other guy was a heavy and another guy was a sniper, and another a spy, plus another engineer who wasn't doing a very good job and put his sentry in a bad spot.
We were steadily losing ground because the heavy, scout and soldier weren't putting out enough firepower and getting their butts kicked(as we could've easily gotten twice as much damage through some additional series of sentry guns), so we had to restart the round after a little bit.
Suddenly, as soon as the round restarted, "General Douchebag" started a vote to kick me from the server. I was completely dumbfounded, as my sentries were the reason we'd survived last round as long as we did, so I asked them why they were kicking me, but before I could ask, the vote finished, and I got kicked from the server.
Seriously, do not play Mann Up. The guys on there are selfish D-bags who only care about winning, and can't remember that it's JUST A GAME. Those morons would've been far better off with me than without me (as I was playing the most vital class, the Engineer).

Moral of the story: People who take video games too seriously are shallow morons.

/endrant

I've never played Rottenburg with all engies, in fact it seems extremely inefficient. Usually Rottenburg is played with: One Scout, Soldier, Heavy, Medic, Demoman, and Engineer because they effectively cover all issues you would have. You also fail to realize these are MANN UP TICKETS, if this was free I'd be on your side, but this costs money, obviously people are going to want to win otherwise they'd join a random MvM server instead of wasting money on a ticket. You need to look at it from other people's perspectives, it wasn't cool to just boot you out like that but most MvM players couldn't care less about your having fun since winning is the objective, one that costs money and time at that.