Author Topic: 2012/08/26 - Blockland r1715  (Read 46325 times)

If you travel far enough from spawn tons of shadow lines and graphical glitches appear until you re-join the server you were in.

I'll see if i can get some pictures.

Sorry about the double post but usually it grabs the attention

Spawn

Farlands

Medium

High

Very High

I managed to do this in a server with some other players as well. It only appears when a brick is placed at an extreme distance from spawn.

It also affects collision.

I am getting 30FPS on my 560 with shaders set to "high".
is this because of the card's limits or does it have to do with optimization?

We don't know your GPU. What bricks are you looking at?

I get much better fps with best settings, thanks badspot!

I've been putting this off for a few months now. I don't remember when it started happening. Basically, at a certain distance all around me, exclusively on terrain and world-based water (i.e., not bricks) I get a bunch of colored lines at a certain distance. These lines are always at a certain distance and move with me, etc. This has been happening for a long time, even before v21 was released.

Recently I also noticed something a bit similar was happening with a weapon, but I'm guessing its just the model. I'll post pictures of both, anyway, because they seem related.

The lines as a group are always one color, but aren't always quite the same color. Somehow I doubt that matters, though.

I'll need to get some pictures later. The ones I have right now are just over the 512mb limit, and I don't have time to resize them right now...

Has anybody else had an issue like this?

Badspot

• Administrator

I have the same card and get much higher framerate, there's something wrong with your system.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:10:49 AM by Badspot »

How is that even possible..?

His browser is caching parts of the rendered website in texture memory, which isn't being cleared properly and for some reason read from Blockland.
Something like this also happened for me when running Super Meat Boy through Wine on Ubuntu.

Sorry about the double post but usually it grabs the attention

Spawn

Farlands

Medium

High

Very High

I managed to do this in a server with some other players as well. It only appears when a brick is placed at an extreme distance from spawn.
Same problem on my system (GTX 580).

to test - put this in console:
findclientbyname( your name here ).player.setTransform("-15000 -15000 10");
Make sure your shaders are on high or better
then place a brick

also, once the lines show up - they are permanent until you restart the game.

Sadly, ATI Radeon x550's support of GLSL 1.2 doesn't do justice and isn't enough for shaders. :c

Unfortunately, people like me are still not part of that percentage.

Intel graphics card are pretty terrible and come default with a lot of machines that aren't supposed to do a lot of things that rely on graphics, where as Intel core processors, which process and computes, are said to be good.

CPU = computer processing unit, or just processor.

GPU = graphics processing units, or just video/graphics card.

There is no such thing as an ''Intel Graphics Card''. The integrated graphics are just that- integrated. With the CPU.

Also, CPU stands for ''central processing unit''.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:12:02 AM by SpreadsPlague »