Author Topic: football season is over  (Read 8453 times)

a productive use of time
what

how are sports not a productive use of time


I was commenting on the generalization.  Why do you have such a problem with that?  God, you are one weak son of a bitch.
I'm actually pretty strong because I play football and not with little action figures, thanks.

what

how are sports not a productive use of time
It's an opinion.  Do you want me to explain the opinion in depth?
I'm actually pretty strong because I play football and not with little action figures, thanks.
You can't make up for stupid by assuming you're athletic, boy.

It's an opinion.  Do you want me to explain the opinion in depth?
If it relates to football, sure

I think football is super boring to watch, and it's not my kind of sport, so I've never played. I have a bunch of friends who do, though, and I have no issue with it.
I hate it when people call things gay. Things cannot be gay. Only strong attraction to people of the same gender and little to no attraction to the other gender is gay. :(

How are sports a productive use of time? It's just playing. That's no more productive than any other sort of play.

It's an opinion.  Do you want me to explain the opinion in depth?
sure, but i feel like sports are a good and fun way to train both your muscles and your heart.  but you go ahead and give yours

It appears that these football fans are overly sensative in reference to a sport they enjoy.
...and you're overly sensitive about not liking it?
it's one thing to go into a thread about something and say you don't like it, but it's much worse to do that and make a sad attempt at insulting it

besides, people everywhere are. go to any public place in Britain, say football's gay, and at least one person will get angry with you

lalam no one likes you go away
I was commenting on the generalization.  Why do you have such a problem with that?  God, you are one weak son of a bitch.
why do you have a problem with everyone else in this thread? leave if everyone makes you so upset.

How are sports a productive use of time? It's just playing. That's no more productive than any other sort of play.
http://www.therichest.org/sports/forbes-highest-paid-athletes/

I think football is super boring to watch, and it's not my kind of sport, so I've never played. I have a bunch of friends who do, though, and I have no issue with it.
I hate it when people call things gay. Things cannot be gay. Only strong attraction to people of the same gender and little to no attraction to the other gender is gay. :(

How are sports a productive use of time? It's just playing. That's no more productive than any other sort of play.
It's social, involves exercise, and a lot of people make their livings doing it.


http://www.therichest.org/sports/forbes-highest-paid-athletes/
I didn't mean it as a career, that's obviously productive. Red's still in high school, so I was assuming we were only talking about high school sports.

sure, but i feel like sports are a good and fun way to train both your muscles and your heart.  but you go ahead and give yours
Working your body isn't a waste of time -- playing a sport which revolves directly around competition can be, however.  I don't consider it productive because I fail to find it entertaining.
...and you're overly sensitive about not liking it?
it's one thing to go into a thread about something and say you don't like it, but it's much worse to do that and make a sad attempt at insulting it

besides, people everywhere are. go to any public place in Britain, say football's gay, and at least one person will get angry with you
How am I acting sensitive?  I'm stating my opinion with an insultive attitude, not implying that people are inferior for enjoying it, as you've suggested for people who don't.

Working your body isn't a waste of time -- playing a sport which revolves directly around competition can be, however.  I don't consider it productive because I fail to find it entertaining.
Okay that's cool.