Author Topic: football season is over  (Read 8452 times)

1. I was talking to lalam
Oh, alright.
Sorry I took it wrong.

PS: I seen that ninja.

Oh, alright.
Sorry I took it wrong.

PS: I seen that ninja.
I know, it just didn't come out right lol

you go to school to get a job
you play sports to get a job
You go to school to gain knowledge
You play sports to promote entertainment.

I was just making a point about his logic of "If its not entertaining its not productive"
I was making a point about how you think anything non entertaining is non productive.
I know that education isn't meant to be fun but it is productive if you apply yourself.
Entertainment isn't the promotion of knowledge, though.

Again, this is my opinion.  I don't require you to inform me of why you enjoy the sport, because it isn't relevant in any way.  Why is it that you're badgering me for disagreeing with your personal entertainment standards?

Working your body isn't a waste of time -- playing a sport which revolves directly around competition can be, however.  I don't consider it productive because I fail to find it entertaining.How am I acting sensitive?  I'm stating my opinion with an insultive attitude, not implying that people are inferior for enjoying it, as you've suggested for people who don't.
that is the stupidest thing I've heard all day

and; when someone insults something, that means they're mad

You go to school to gain knowledge
You play sports to promote entertainment.
you play sports to get a job and gain knowledge about that sport. seriously stop being dumb.

that is the stupidest thing I've heard all day

and; when someone insults something, that means they're mad
Great argument there, son.  It's stupid because it just is!

Speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.
Doesn't imply anger anywhere in here...  Hm, could you just be handicapped?

you play sports to get a job and gain knowledge about that sport. seriously stop being dumb.
Everyone does?  Seriously?  You mean to tell me that you believe every single mother loving person plays sports in order to make a career out of it, and not to simply enjoy themselves?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:32:52 PM by Lalam24 »

I know, it just didn't come out right lol
Honestly, it didn't lol.

Lalam, I'm done arguing with you and your bad logic. I'm getting back on football.



I was practicing tackling/defending on my 15th B-day and fractured/sprain my big toe in the process.
I thing it got that way when I bent my toe a bit to far while pushing back.

Lalam, I'm done arguing with you and your bad logic. I'm getting back on football.
Oh god, it's bad because you disagree!


Since it appears the majority of you like to promote an argument which simple circles into itself, creating a paradox, I think I'll let you guys be, now.

You go to school to gain knowledge
You play sports to promote entertainment.
Entertainment isn't the promotion of knowledge, though.
Yes it is.  I learn a lot from entertainment and a lot of it is to share new ideas or teach different principles.

I would never understand teamwork the way I do without football.  I think that's an important skill that is valuable in the work place, at home, and on the field. But to many, including myself, football is entertaining. 

I wouldn't have found my passion of video game design without interesting media tutorials and video game developers playing their games (Machinimas).  There is so much knowledge needed to create video games, but making things fun and engaging during the learning process turns something impossible to very easy.

I learned how to communicate (partially) with people with television shows that have people in regular conversations that are funny to watch because of the interesting circumstances and that they are so true to life.

Great argument there, son.  It's stupid because it just is!

Speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.
Doesn't imply anger anywhere in here...  Hm, could you just be handicapped?
no, it's stupid bc you're basing whether something is productive or not on your own opinion, which is rather stupid. I just figured it was obvious enough that I didn't need to explain

wow geeze, the definition doesn't say anything about anger? everyone knows dictionaries describe what causes things, so I must be wrong!

Everyone does?  Seriously?  You mean to tell me that you believe every single mother loving person plays sports in order to make a career out of it, and not to simply enjoy themselves?
how does that prove anything? im saying all people who play sports are not just doing it fun. your describing sports like they are a waste  of time because you get no benefit from it.
I was practicing tackling/defending on my 15th B-day and fractured/sprain my big toe in the process.
I thing it got that way when I bent my toe a bit to far while pushing back.
i managed to jam every finger in my right hand this game, one hand is full of sausages.

how does that prove anything? im saying all people who play sports are not just doing it fun. your describing sports like they are a waste  of time because you get no benefit from it.i managed to jam every finger in my right hand this game, one hand is full of sausages.
AGH I HATE JAMMING FINGERS AAAAAAA

how does that prove anything? im saying all people who play sports are not just doing it fun. your describing sports like they are a waste  of time because you get no benefit from it.i managed to jam every finger in my right hand this game, one hand is full of sausages.
forget, that has to suck.

forget, that has to suck.
You haven't had it happen to you before?

Yes it is.  I learn a lot from entertainment and a lot of it is to share new ideas or teach different principles.

I would never understand teamwork the way I do without football.  I think that's an important skill that is valuable in the work place, at home, and on the field. But to many, including myself, football is entertaining.

I wouldn't have found my passion of video game design without interesting media tutorials and video game developers playing their games (Machinimas).  There is so much knowledge needed to create video games, but making things fun and engaging during the learning process turns something impossible to very easy.

I learned how to communicate (partially) with people with television shows that have people in regular conversations that are funny to watch because of the interesting circumstances and that they are so true to life.

I said I'd stop, but before I do, personal benefits don't apply to everyone.  Sheer entertainment isn't the promotion of knowledge, that is a fact.  What's rubbed off from it != its denotation.

no, it's stupid bc you're basing whether something is productive or not on your own opinion, which is rather stupid. I just figured it was obvious enough that I didn't need to explain

wow geeze, the definition doesn't say anything about anger? everyone knows dictionaries describe what causes things, so I must be wrong!
Productivity is relative.

You do not need to be angry in order to insult someone, so, yes, you are incorrect.