Author Topic: football season is over  (Read 8450 times)


dislike sports. But I like gymnastics.

holy stuff a real life football fight
OVER THE INTERNET

Working your body isn't a waste of time -- playing a sport which revolves directly around competition can be, however.  I don't consider it productive because I fail to find it entertaining.
"Its not productive because I find it boring"
I find school boring but does that make it non-productive?

Working your body isn't a waste of time -- playing a sport which revolves directly around competition can be, however.  I don't consider it productive because I fail to find it entertaining.How am I acting sensitive?  I'm stating my opinion with an insultive attitude, not implying that people are inferior for enjoying it, as you've suggested for people who don't.
I fail to find your post constructive

Working your body isn't a waste of time -- playing a sport which revolves directly around competition can be, however.  I don't consider it productive because I fail to find it entertaining.
if you play a sport you are working your body, you practice every day. you dont just walk out once a week and play a football game.
I didn't mean it as a career, that's obviously productive. Red's still in high school, so I was assuming we were only talking about high school sports.
what if i want to do it as a career? colleges will look at my highschool stats, and pro teams will look at my college stats.

"Its not productive because I find it boring"
I find school boring but does that make it non-productive?
owned 2012 - 20xx come back when you wear the big pants

"Its not productive because I find it boring"
I find school boring but does that make it non-productive?
Entertainment != education.

if you play a sport you are working your body, you practice every day. you dont just walk out once a week and play a football game.
Which is irrelevant to my point..?

Working your body isn't a waste of time -- playing a sport which revolves directly around competition can be, however.  I don't consider it productive because I fail to find it entertaining.
ok yeah if you dont find it entertaining it's much more practical to work out/exercise if you are looking to get healthier, since they are much more effective.

edit:
if you play a sport you are working your body, you practice every day. you dont just walk out once a week and play a football game.
yeah but if you don't find sports fun you might as well just lift weights and exercise instead because then they both suck equally, but lifting weights and exercising gets you faster results

Entertainment != education.
What does that have to do with anything?

What does that have to do with anything?
He used a metaphor relating to why he dislikes school, which is intended to promote common knowledge, not to simply entertain an individual's silly desires.

ok yeah if you dont find it entertaining it's much more practical to work out/exercise if you are looking to get healthier, since they are much more effective.

edit:yeah but if you don't find sports fun you might as well just lift weights and exercise instead because then they both suck equally, but lifting weights and exercising gets you faster results
Wow, thank you for not being incredibly biased.  I do go to the gym, actually, and I would much rather perform a controlled workout than simply play a game.

owned 2012 - 20xx come back when you wear the big pants
I was just making a point about his logic of "If its not entertaining its not productive"

Entertainment != education.
I was making a point about how you think anything non entertaining is non productive.
I know that education isn't meant to be fun but it is productive if you apply yourself.

He used a metaphor relating to why he dislikes school, which is intended to promote common knowledge, not to simply entertain an individual's silly desires.
you go to school to get a job
you play sports to get a job

what if i want to do it as a career? colleges will look at my highschool stats, and pro teams will look at my college stats.
Ugh, I was speaking strictly about high school sports, ignoring the future. I wasn't trying to imply lack of productivity is bad. I think having fun is among the most important parts of life, and it's clearly fun for you.

I was just making a point about his logic of "If its not entertaining its not productive"
I was making a point about how you think anything non entertaining is non productive.
I know that education isn't meant to be fun but it is productive if you apply yourself.

1. I was talking to lalam