"Perennial" Prototype - Badspot's new game

Author Topic: "Perennial" Prototype - Badspot's new game  (Read 9224 times)

I love the music ._. so much

Quote from: YouTube PM to azuritereaction
A developer I have known for quite some time recently released the prototype for a new game he is making:

http://badspot.us/img/Perennial-Game.html

I can not provide a more concise than what he gave on the page. The page has a video and screenshots, so you can get an initial idea before downloading. The concept/art style seems to fall into the areas I think would be perfect for you.

Of course it is expected you would have to confirm copyrights. As far as his history goes, on his main project, Blockland, he has dealt directly with LEGO before compensating the content for legality. Also considering he has submitted both this game and Blockland to Greenlight, I trust the content doesn't fall under copyright. If there is anything questionable, I believe he will bring it up.

Since the prototype just came out today, he may appreciate more coverage of it. I will say he can be a critical person at times, but he should not give you trouble.

Agh it's impossible for me to do a run-jump combo without failing for at least 17 times before succeeding.
You have to let go of run before you jump.

I put the trailer on youtube repeat so I can listen to this glorious music infinitely.

if he gets this on linux i'm sure he'd get a ton of players. especially if he can get it on both steam and the ubuntu software center.

if he gets this on linux i'm sure he'd get a ton of players. especially if he can get it on both steam and the ubuntu software center.
Porting a game to all systems is usually better, as it practically doubles your playerbase.

am i the only one who started singing ESCAPE FROM THE CI-TYYYYY when i picked up the run function

also i like the feel and aesthetics but i don't really like the MC's sprites (and their lack of animation)

i mean except for the dash sprite. holy stuff, best ever
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:24:44 PM by Bushido »

This pretty neat. I rather like it, it'll keep me entertained for a little bit.

am i the only one who started singing ESCAPE FROM THE CI-TYYYYY when i picked up the run function
no

speaking of sprites and animations am i the only one who thinks the swimming animation is absolutely atrocious
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:45:35 PM by Shell »

very fun, not very groundbreaking by any means but fun

suprised there's a very small amount of ass-kissing in this thread, though. lol

i mean except for the dash sprite. holy stuff, best ever
Yeah, only part of the graphics I like, to be honest.

The rotating world is kinda cool, though.

Not too far in, bug found.  Mechanics of the game look great overall though.

edit: OH THATS A SECRET PASSAGE :O
thought wall collision was just broken and caused pixely errors after pot went through

also hitting the escape key crashes the game and the game often crashes when alt-tabbing
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:33:05 PM by Nexus »

I found every single secrete and collected all the things.

Do i win yet?

Also, you can just drop through the platform above the jump thing instead of going through all the stuff.

The one thing that irritates me is no options menu.