RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing

Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 255442 times)

I don't know if this is still relevant, but it might be.
if thats the case then the datacenter support sucks
servers been stuck for 24 hrs now

I dont know... its just that saying forget off sounds pretty rude especially if your running a business (not-for-profit or not).

RTB Hosting is a not-for-profit business that does not pay its workers. The support you get is Ephialtes and Lub donating their time to helping you. You're paying for the server space, not the support.
Ephialtes has been not been online for nearly a week and I suspect even if he does come online it won't be as much, I worry for this service in the near server, and it is awful considering people have paid and probably have months left.  You are paying for a service, you should have help if you encounter issues.

I dont know... its just that saying forget off sounds pretty rude especially if your running a business (not-for-profit or not).
You are paying for a service, you should have help if you encounter issues.

Again, they're donating their time to helping you. When you buy a server, you're paying for the space on their server, not support. When the server is down, your account is reimbursed, usually with more time than it was actually down for. They provide support out of selflessness, there's no guarantee at all that the service they provide is quality. Now, if the server quality itself was stuffty and they didn't reimburse you, that would be a completely different story. But that's not the case here.

What you're doing is like buying a lolipop and complaining when the store owner doesn't help you unwrap it.

Ephialtes has been not been online for nearly a week and I suspect even if he does come online it won't be as much, I worry for this service in the near server, and it is awful considering people have paid and probably have months left.  You are paying for a service, you should have help if you encounter issues.

I'm pretty sure Lub is still providing support. Ephi also indicated that service would continue.

What you're doing is like buying a lolipop and complaining when the store owner doesn't help you unwrap it.
Except we have no control on unwrapping it in this case, use some better brown townogy, but I do understand your point.

No, you're thinking of the service being faulty. If the lolipop is broken when you open it, the store owner should replace it. If the lolipop is fine, but you're having an issue unwrapping (using) it, that's not the store owner's job to help you with. If he helps you with it anyway, that's him doing something you didn't pay him to do.

If the service itself has an issue, the proper response is what they always do: reimburse you for time lost.

If you have an issue, Lub / Ephi have no obligation to help you.

except its not my fault that the server is stuck?

forget off, you're paying $5 a month for premium New York server space, that doesn't entitle you to 24/7 support too. Support comes when we're available, if I'm asleep or in a meeting all day, forget it, it can wait.
Woah, It was a joke. Sorry if I offended you?

Woah, It was a joke. Sorry if I offended you?

Now, I'm getting tired of saying this, but these mistakes are going to keep happening until we come up with a sarcastic font.

Now, I'm getting tired of saying this, but these mistakes are going to keep happening until we come up with a sarcastic font.
'Cause we totally don't have one of those.

comic sans ms is superior sarcastic font

'Cause we totally don't have one of those.
holy stuff it's an actual font

holy stuff it's an actual font
um no its not its just replaced with times new roman because it isnt found