Poll

Should the personal account be offered for free?

Yes. I would use it at this point.
31 (46.3%)
Yes, it should.
30 (44.8%)
No. Keep it 3.50.
6 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: blockStar - Hosting Administrative Services (Temporarily Locked - Page 24)  (Read 22159 times)

Well that's embarrasing, Jeep.

Didn't RTB use a template?

Didn't RTB use a template?

RTB was designed from scratch by me, only the button elements and message/alert boxes are based off Twitter's open source web framework.

RTB was designed from scratch by me, only the button elements and message/alert boxes are based off Twitter's open source web framework.

Ahhh

Also since you're using this template for a web service you actually have to buy the $800 extended license from the looks of things unfortunately.
Wait, so he has to pay $800 if he wants to use the template?
Oh gee. Better use something else.

Yeah, or just give up, not sure he's cut out for this development.

This is sad to me. I use a template (that I paid for) to speed up the process, and all of a sudden blockStar is a stuffty service?

RTB 1
blockstar 1
Amusing. I use a template, and the service sucks all of a sudden. A template that I paid my own money for.

Right, but no point telling people how much you've progressed and then just showing pictures of a template you've downloaded in 5 minutes.
So you're criticizing what? I did progress by creating a completely secure and unanimous login system. What you don't seem to comprehend is what the server needs to display to the wrapper software, which is where I am progressing. In fact, I pretty clearly said that. I even told you that I'm "hoping to get some visual development done today". blockStar consists of 3 things that need developed: 1) blockStar Server-Client, 2) blockStar Website (including back-end server data), 3) blockStar Mod (that has to communicate with the back-end of blockStar).

You need to find a better reason to call me out.

The fact that the graphs in the demo are exactly the same as in his screenshots also shows nothing is functional at all ...
Ahem. Where did I say that the screenshot of the graph was functioning? You apparently like to blatantly disregard visual development. If you're telling me to start inserting functioning data into a work-in-progress layout, you're handicapped.

Didn't notice that until now. Quite disappointing :(
Not really. The data is able to be placed in the database by the server mod. Everything that the graphs need to be real is there. However, the layout of the home screen is way too wip for me to start plugging in real data. I'd much rather have the layout done first, because doing both at the same time will cause chaos.

Oh my! Thanks for pointing this out! I had such high hopes for this service. Nevermimd
This post is sad, and I have no reason to respond to it. Disregard the fact that I'm doing the visual development. Do you know what filler data is?

Well that's embarrasing, Jeep.
Not really. I use a template (one that I paid for), and the service sucks?

So, what difference does RTB using a template or not make? I don't get it.

Extended allows for redistribution of it if offered in a software package. blockStar is only located on my website, and therefore will be fine with the regular license. You apparently can't read, or are too incapable to understand that.

Yeah, or just give up, not sure he's cut out for this development.
That's your best attempt? How sad of you to think that I'm stopping development just because I'm using a template. Keep trying, Lub. Keep trying.

I personally don't care if he used a template. It's not style what matters.

it surprises me that glass is talking about "wasting money" in this thread while he's spent well over $200 in blockland keys.

why, out of all people, would GLASS miss those 3 bucks a month when he used to buy a new key every week?

Ahem. Where did I say that the screenshot of the graph was functioning? You apparently like to blatantly disregard visual development. If you're telling me to start inserting functioning data into a work-in-progress layout, you're handicapped.

Just assumed from this:

Actually, everything is "done". I did a project similar to this a while ago that I'm using as the basis for blockStar.

I guess putting "done" in quotation marks means "barely done at all"? Pretty confusing!!

How do you make a login system unanimous?

means what?
Confused me as well, I believe he's referring to connecting the login system the from the software/template Jeep is using and the login system relevant to BlockStar.

I just agreed with Ephialtes and Rubs opinion that you having done nothing and calling a wonderful design "wonderful" even though you did not make it! I was considering getting this but then you just called my rightful opinion sad. I won't be supporting you anymore!