Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1300226 times)

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
unless you can install a 64 bit os, don't bother getting any more ram: you won't be able to actually utilize it.

Oh my loving god, I was about to pull the trigger on this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121899 and the thing loving went out of stock yet again.

Should I expect to be able to buy this card within the next month?

maybe its just your luck. asus makes the best cooling system for laptops
i never really had build quality problems. given the nature of my monitor problem it was probably just some manufacturer error. as for the hdd idk
so yeah it was probably bad luck. dont know if im going to buy another ASUS though.

I need a decent laptop in the 800-1000 range. I'd prefer >4 battery hours, a decent screen (900p or 1080p pls), 8GB of ram, and I'd say CPU is more important than GPU slightly. (I'm still going to be gaming on this machine but not too often) Any suggestions? I was looking at the y40, but lots of people complained that the monitor had really washed out colors

Did anyone hear about the GTX 900 series coming out recently? It feels like the 700's were just released yesterday...
And, where's the 800 series? What's NVIDIA got against 8?...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:58:04 PM by AtlasBlue »

Did anyone here about the GTX 900 series coming out recently? It feels like the 700's were just released yesterday...

"Cutting edge technology"

Did anyone hear about the GTX 900 series coming out recently? It feels like the 700's were just released yesterday...

I think 800 series is just going to remain as a mobile series, cause i think 800 series is revolved around laptop cards.

Jesus christ. I wish I could just buy a stock GTX 970 from nvidia. I could figure out how to overclock it before ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, or MSI gets their cards stocked.

Edit: I was just looking at the Gigabyte card, all looks really exceptional until I saw that it was loving 15.9" long.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:38:26 PM by Oasis »

Jesus christ. I wish I could just buy a stock GTX 970 from nvidia. I could figure out how to overclock it before ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, or MSI gets their cards stocked.

Edit: I was just looking at the Gigabyte card, all looks really exceptional until I saw that it was loving 15.9" long.
EVGA just restocked most of their 970's on Newegg. Get 'em while they're hot.

EVGA just restocked most of their 970's on Newegg. Get 'em while they're hot.
wow, I switched to the ASUS card because I saw a lot of complaints about coil whine and heat issues. Now I kinda want it, simply cause its there.

I need help finding a good 700W PSU for around $100. :C

i recommend any of the supernovas anyways. but i didnt know one was cheap enough.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438028&cm_re=supernova-_-17-438-028-_-Product
Holy stuff, that looks great. Thanks Bisjac, I'm pretty sure that completes the Mk.1 of this build. Quick question though, couldn't find it on the newegg page, is that semi or fully modular? It's semi. Shouldn't be too big of a problem, great deal for a great psu.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:11:24 AM by Oasis »

unless you can install a 64 bit os, don't bother getting any more ram: you won't be able to actually utilize it.

Actually, he'll only be able to utilize 2.2 GBS of said RAM. 1GB is for the OS, .8 is wasted as 32bit cannot use it so all in all it's actually making you lose money if you don't get 64bit.

hello friends, I submitted a build request on reddit and some guy came up with this configuration. I was just wondering if someone could double check it and see if there's anything more I can get for my money. As long as its <$600 (Including rebates and tax) it should be within my budget.

Here's the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zgNCCJ

I probably will not include the extra CPU cooler with my order, as I don't think it will be necessary since I'm not planning on overclocking or anything. I'll mainly be using this for music production/audio editing, photo editing, and some gaming.   
I might upgrade the video card in a year or so, but I don't really play many graphics-intensive games anyways. Just Blockland and Valve games mostly.